C3-Jeep Steering Gear Conversion

Sorry guys, but I think all this computer/lazer cut pieces are a huge waste of time and money...something easily done in any home shop with a few tools and maybe a couple clamps....total time maybe 2 hours?? not totally putting down the efforts, but really now....

I look at like that steeroids crap.....much adoo over nothing, to quote Walt Kelly....

:thumbs:

Your "home shop" is better than most if you can cut 1/2" steel plate and machine the gear and make the spacers. I'm sure most would be willing to pay you for the 2 hours you spent doing this:D

The spacers sure look nice. If it wasn't for a "bolt on" and reversable kit I'd say just use 1/2" thick spacers, round, like thick washers and weld it all in place... might be an option for some.... I am seriously thinking about just welding my FlamingRiver copy rack and pinion support cradle to the frame, no flex, no issues, tight and solid, once and for all.... :1st:

It is art creating a true bolt on kit that fits and is not a headache to install.... many have failed providing such a bolt on solution.... even the expensive stuff don't fit as advertized :cry:

The spacers sure look nice. If it wasn't for a "bolt on" and reversable kit I'd say just use 1/2" thick spacers, round, like thick washers and weld it all in place... might be an option for some.... I am seriously thinking about just welding my FlamingRiver copy rack and pinion support cradle to the frame, no flex, no issues, tight and solid, once and for all.... :1st:

It is art creating a true bolt on kit that fits and is not a headache to install.... many have failed providing such a bolt on solution.... even the expensive stuff don't fit as advertized :cry:

AND SO THAT is the eternal mystery about these rack installs that I seriously cant figger out.....my bolt on works fine for some 6 years now in every day use over rough enough roads, freeways, high speed blasts, and corners, the works....typical old fart that don't learned to slo down yet....

and it's FINE, so far.....so go figger I could come up with it all off the cuff without even a freeking LIFT, and just the engine out, car on stands...and so it took maybe two guesses on the main support, and two on the center output adaptor to stock tie rod ends....nothing all that much complicated....the input linkage made me swap headers....woopie doo...

:crutches::crylol:

I guess I'll be able to "talk smart" after I actually did it :clobbered:

This is in the planning stage for way too long now.... you know, the good thing is you're only 2hrs north.... if I get stuck with this shyt I will find your phone number...LOL

I am seriously thinking about just welding my FlamingRiver copy rack and pinion support cradle to the frame, no flex, no issues, tight and solid, once and for all.... :1st:

Good luck removing/installing an engine then :D I would recommend that you do not weld it in place :)

I guess I'll be able to "talk smart" after I actually did it :clobbered:

This is in the planning stage for way too long now.... you know, the good thing is you're only 2hrs north.... if I get stuck with this shyt I will find your phone number...LOL

904 635-7086 is my cell # I dropped the land line as not needed anymore....

especially since the rate was going from 20/month to 45, eff em.....

:drink:

1 set for 28 2 for 21 4 for 17

Do 4 people want it?

I'll make another thread

Good luck removing/installing an engine then :D I would recommend that you do not weld it in place :)

Huh ?? You think it won't fit ?? I installed the engine and trans together with all the stock steering stuff in place, no issues.... you think the cradle is too close to the oilpan not allowing the engine to move enough during removal/extraction/installation ??

Gene, the # has just been saved.... :drink:

no sweat, we can jack up my car and have both brackets and the adaptor out of there in a hour time, maybe less....

then you get the concept super easy....i'ts in your hand....

I got drawings too, rough pencil crap but maybe the scanner can pick em up better, wife has a new one now....

:cool:

I'll contact them when we get one more person

I wonder if the discount only applies if I order the 4 pairs, I'll see though

If anything we can always pay the 11 dollars more

I'll contact them when we get one more person

I wonder if the discount only applies if I order the 4 pairs, I'll see though

If anything we can always pay the 11 dollars more

I'm in for a set too! There is your one more person.

I haven't, still trying to figure out how burn the file to disc :)
Kinda busy lately, and I am in no rush for these plates, winter project.
Frank.