Wierd wear pattern

as for the booster, well I Know the truth there, all else can go to hell.....
:

Add us all to your list. Then we'll be mist.

I understand you all hating on DB, I THINK he was the originator of the HB conversion....ok fine....

but on a A-B comparison without popping brake lines off the m/c I was amazed, the soft GM brake pedal was finally eliminated off my '72 vette....

DD for some years now...VERY happy, brakes not touched since....

car stops, brakes fine, fought that war, I WON.....

:hissyfit:

:

I understand you all hating on DB, I THINK he was the originator of the HB conversion....ok fine....

but on a A-B comparison without popping brake lines off the m/c I was amazed, the soft GM brake pedal was finally eliminated off my '72 vette....

you forgot "stops on a dime with 9 cents change" and "pedal harder than a teenagers thang".

You must have gone with a larger diameter master when you did the swap. That's the only way the brakes could possibly get firmer. I would imagine HB would accomodate a m/c with a 1.25 bore.

That's the only reason you have pedal.

Not even you can change the laws of physics. You still might be able to convice me if i thought the modulation characteristic wouldn't cause me to flatspot tires when racing.

:

you forgot "stops on a dime with 9 cents change" and "pedal harder than a teenagers thang".

You must have gone with a larger diameter master when you did the swap. That's the only way the brakes could possibly get firmer. I would imagine HB would accomodate a m/c with a 1.25 bore.

Not even you can change the laws of physics. You still might be able to convice me if i thought the modulation characteristic wouldn't cause me to flatspot tires when racing.

OK, maybe you remember more of my story than I thought, fine, I was shortcutting the entire loop, in FACT, with my stock booster, and soft pedal, I had gone to a 1 5/16 dia M/C and so firmed up the pedal ok, but still had that squishey feel I have always hated....BETTER but not a cure....

SO, with that m/cyl unhooked from booster but NOT disconnected from brake lines, I installed the HB unit....direct A-B comparo....

WAY too sensitive....sneeze and car would lock 4......so in with a aftermarket aluminum M/C and so works fine, except for that collapsed left front hose some months later, and so replaced 4 of them, and two front rotors, and rebuilt front calipers with O rings....been some 5? years now....

:drink:

:

Jeff, I know I have explained this before, but dunno where/when/what thread....and yes it did change...look at a '72 shark shop overhaul manual, the diagram is clear there is a short stout tough spring with ~1/8" wire in between the input shaft and the output shaft of the booster....now MY booster released vacuum when pulling the check valve out, and the thing appeared totally intact inside when I tore it apart....

now look at a blow up of the HB units, I had one apart for the Motor Home....and there is NOthing but hard steel between input and output....

steel backed up by hydraulics....now tell me about all them vacuum boosters nearly on the floor in how many GM vehicles....the van with the Pit bull in the right headlights....the brakes on it are scarey to me....

:hissyfit::censored:

YOUR KIDDING, RIGHT?

Over THERE?? well, ok, so who was the guy with the idea/concept??

over HERE I have always been a bee leaver so to speak, methinks my switchover was before this forum was born....

:gurney::drink:

I think Norvall claimed to be first. I think TT said that was even wrong.

YOUR KIDDING, RIGHT?

Over THERE?? well, ok, so who was the guy with the idea/concept??

over HERE I have always been a bee leaver so to speak, methinks my switchover was before this forum was born....

:gurney::drink:

I think Norvall claimed to be first. I think TT said that was even wrong.

Jeebus, have to go back and search threads about 8? years old, tough job....interesting, in that I forgot about Norval, maybe he did do a HB conversion....flat don't remember, but if anyone would, HE would.....remember those super diameter rotors he had machined?? to fit his 18"?? wheels.....wonder if he gave up on the BBC and went LS yet....

Jeebus, have to go back and search threads about 8? years old, tough job....interesting, in that I forgot about Norval, maybe he did do a HB conversion....flat don't remember, but if anyone would, HE would.....remember those super diameter rotors he had machined?? to fit his 18"?? wheels.....wonder if he gave up on the BBC and went LS yet....

Norval gave up on the car and rides a motorcycle now. Last I talked to him the car was still for sale

Norval gave up on the car and rides a motorcycle now. Last I talked to him the car was still for sale

That's too bad, last I heard he enjoyed driving hell out of it, but someone commented about cops and tickets...:hissyfit:

that was the most modified vette on the forum for quite a while....WAY beyond my budget and talent, like many on here....

:hissyfit::gurney: