Plastic Fantastic 2

I'm happy keeping the P-Zeros for Track, but have been keeping a file of links for the 200 tw tires too. Thinking the other set of wheels will be the back up.
Here are a few links from Grass Roots Motorsports ( these are all pretty recent, even though some people have "issues" with GRM ):

You are on the hunt - let us know what you "bag" when you finally pull the trigger!

Cheers - Jim

Last edited:
I'm happy keeping the P-Zeros for Track, but have been keeping a file of links for the 200 tw tires too. Thinking the other set of wheels will be the back up.
Here are a few links from Grass Roots Motorsports ( these are all pretty recent, even though some people have "issues" with GRM ):

You are on the hunt - let us know what you "bag" when you finally pull the trigger!

Cheers - Jim
Wouldn't most magazines have issues?

From the guys who are winning - Yokohama, NanKings, and Falken are the top choices... That said, the last two (and maybe Yoks) don't have sizes that fit my car (usually it's the rear size that's the problem - 325)

sorry, #dadjoke.

the mirror won't stay aligned and I need a better rear view... so suggestions would be nice

I'm asking, don't guys run multi panel mirrors? Or, are they banned? I've never used them, so have no opinion.

On a lot of my old muscle cars over the years a spring loaded punch would usually fix a floppy mirror. Pretty sure I've done it to several Corvettes.

I'm asking, don't guys run multi panel mirrors? Or, are they banned? I've never used them, so have no opinion.

On a lot of my old muscle cars over the years a spring loaded punch would usually fix a floppy mirror. Pretty sure I've done it to several Corvettes.
to be honest, I didn't look. I had this problem with my FJ40 - mirror was too low and would move under hard wheeling.... so I bought a UTV mirror... works great and stays put... why, might you ask do I need to? yes, that's light under the rear tire...

uRe6mtF.jpg

Last edited:
Not that it makes any big difference, but I guess that you had to work to get #77 - it is a '77 'vette - right? Nice Touch. Very nice pics too. Thanks for bringing them in and sharing.

Side note; when we autocross, I put my wife in the pax seat. She keeps me straight on the course layout - and looking up and not overthinking "behind." Technique-Only. {She got over being a bit anxious after the first session.} Then while I do my course duties, she does a ride along with other folks to gather "intel."​

Don't know if Optima permits.

Cheers - Jim

Not that it makes any big difference, but I guess that you had to work to get #77 - it is a '77 'vette - right? Nice Touch. Very nice pics too. Thanks for bringing them in and sharing.

Side note; when we autocross, I put my wife in the pax seat. She keeps me straight on the course layout - and looking up and not overthinking "behind." Technique-Only. {She got over being a bit anxious after the first session.} Then while I do my course duties, she does a ride along with other folks to gather "intel."​

Don't know if Optima permits.

Cheers - Jim
lol, 77 was available and close enough to 76. Not that year makes much of a difference.... very little of the original car there.

Ride-alongs. I think only the cruise - other drivers can ride along, but the key is the car must have the same safety gear for both. Mine doesn't - 5 point is only on the driver's side.

looks like a nice lake for Luigi to cool off in, my heaven would be garages bigger then houses and lots of cars....

looks like a nice lake for Luigi to cool off in, my heaven would be garages bigger then houses and lots of cars....
the garage is 1/3 bigger and has quite a bit more volume due to the roof. Soon, AC in the shop..... my wife said I'll never leave, it's likely.

the pictures at the track are awesome, my dream set up would have a big concrete pad, on one side a shop in the middle transitioning into a pool house andLanai and pool on the other side. garage side mine, pool the wifes and the lanai shared space. not likely in this life time but it would be nice

time to start fixes, steering
6Nv7kBF.jpg
fixed
JQ2bptx.jpg
with this
oOoPRNm.jpg

in other news, starting to put the lift in
DJBaIxL.jpg
the guy I bought the place from - this was his initial location before his business needed the space.
xBTOfIg.jpg

I think that makes the most sense. as I unpack I'm starting to be amazed at how much space I really have for activities..

very nice , I suppose you would have to think about the gantry crane and the lift if they ever get used in unison
with where the crane is, that'd be a tough thing to do. With that said, the trolley needs a brake, the heavier the load, the more the trolley wants to set a land speed record to get to the end of the line.... if you were putting a motor in, it'd be more trouble then its worth to use it.... thus, not on the crane side of the shop. And I do need to get a brake on the trolley anyway

air compressor install
otRXgidh.jpg
aX3UuTch.jpg

I like these shelves, they're $22 on Amazon... of course, they also didn't include the hardware for 2, but are fixing that issue so all is well
NjdTc3oh.jpg
what I like is they're simple to assemble, just 9 nuts....

I'm glad you took the time to rework the front fender flares (some time back) to center them on the tire - the car looks great!
that's probably the biggest thing I got from SEMA. Do it right, while I was spending an extra year building it - it wasn't so great, but I know the response I'm getting now wouldn't have happened had I not....

a little rich and the plugs are too hot
2lJ7ljph.jpg

also working on the alignment - the C5/C6 front suspension uses the typical GM cam bolts... and they can move... need to find a solution to this
(and the stupid potato camera's inability to hold a steady shot)
MwOljHah.jpg

waiting for spark plugs
nh9AMtF.jpg

today's start of task ... clean the 'back room' or 'long term' project space
GNFb2yrh.jpg
you can see more floor - my goal in all of this is Buick and Fiat in the back, Buick wagon in the middle and lawn equipment at the door. The wagon is going to take 2 spaces because I'm taking the body off the frame.... the other goal is all parts for each project in one spot... and I'm getting there, but it is taking a world of time
I'm either going to fill that field with cars or fruit trees.... or maybe both
Xo87C6zh.jpg
love the shelving, need to get some kind of lift device to get stuff on that top shelf
uFRFcSvh.jpg
perspective shot, looking from the door into the shop
HyfuiLJh.jpg