Plastic Fantastic 2

That is way cool. Just one water jet project- or can you get more in the queue?

Quick question on when you trailer with the 'vette. Wing on - or wing off? I noted on my SR - with wing on - (open rig like yours) it got a bit squirily above 75. Pulled the wing and better balance. Just curious as you are going to add some extra downforce and that will effectively shift the trailer CG further aft.
[Could easily pull the wing - that's what I did, or take along the mower I guess for added tongue weight.]

Cheers - Jim

That is way cool. Just one water jet project- or can you get more in the queue?

Quick question on when you trailer with the 'vette. Wing on - or wing off? I noted on my SR - with wing on - (open rig like yours) it got a bit squirily above 75. Pulled the wing and better balance. Just curious as you are going to add some extra downforce and that will effectively shift the trailer CG further aft.
[Could easily pull the wing - that's what I did, or take along the mower I guess for added tongue weight.]

Cheers - Jim
I suspect that picture and commentary about the lawn mower will travel for awhile - I got a comment about it this last Friday at the track.

it towed fine with the wing on... had a heck of a tailwind both directions - 18 mpg, normal is 15/16 towing.

nice lawn mower, i agree!

the new House and shop are awesome, that will create room for even more projects. I am happy for you.

nice lawn mower, i agree!

the new House and shop are awesome, that will create room for even more projects. I am happy for you.

I was almost wishing I had it in Portland - I about clipped the grass a couple times....

the truth is I didn't want to move to the tri-cities. glad I was wrong - I really like it here, it's like Car Central, everyone has a hotrod and everyone has a shop that's bigger then their house (and true for me too)....

Narrowing in on ready
first remove the baffles.
2uU43MFh.jpg
I think they do affect top end power... we will see
brief break to let the lab float
oIcH4EIh.jpg
happy lab
L28dKJ8h.jpg
so remade the optima brackets
bjYYfxdh.jpg
before
BhLLpbDh.jpg
with tall stands
a3yMNnNh.jpg
with the new stands
5RMD314h.jpg
other then cleaning the car is ready to go.... next up fix the ac problems (or lack of ac) in the motorhome, and install tie-down plates in the trailer

Any comments on how it handles with the tall wing position? Looks good, I would think it would help.

I'm liking the idea of the low mounts mounted to the roof line just aft of the T-tops. Ok sounds weird - I know.

There was an American that (as I recall) was working in Italy. He got a Lamborghini Mura, and felt it need a bit of work. Here is a picture of some "Nice A55!"

nice a55.jpg

I suppose Optima may have a rule about that. But the louvers between the Flying Buttresses could be of some aerodynamic use. Especially if you pump the air through the deck vents previously mentioned. Front quarter shot Radiator exits, ducts to rear deck, fender exit. Mod to Itallian car.jpg

Cheers - Jim

Any comments on how it handles with the tall wing position? Looks good, I would think it would help.
I should have put more angle of attack into it - it's biggest help is under hard braking. I'll keep playing with it to get best compromise....

Reactions: rtj
I'm liking the idea of the low mounts mounted to the roof line just aft of the T-tops. Ok sounds weird - I know.
I suppose Optima may have a rule about that. But the louvers between the Flying Buttresses could be of some aerodynamic use. Especially if you pump the air through the deck vents previously mentioned. Front quarter shot

Cheers - Jim
This year they have someone whose entire job is judging wings (last year, it was simply part of the function check (lights, signals, etc).... rule is highest point is no more the 8" above the deck, no wider then the stock fenders, and no taller then 6" below the roofline - all I know is the short stands are temporary....

and, we're loaded (Luigi is coming with).

weirdest thing, the trailer I bought for moving...
Fd1z5AFh.jpg

fits the Corvette just fine. boy was I lucky :)
HEho5Q6h.jpg

Lots more ready this year....

so they filmed my car doing the DSE portion of the event (and doing AutoX and doing the drive portion).... rumor has it that I will be on MavTV next Friday night in their coverage of this event.

I need new tires, and more hp... but I'm having a blast and what I'm learning is invaluable.

Reactions: rtj
A new channel to check on - Thanks hope they show some good footage of your car!
For those interested to check them out (From their "ABOUT" on YT):

MAVTV is first and foremost of Americans, By Americans and for Americans. It's a network built on a legacy of speed, power, danger and endurance. It's entertainment for real people featuring real life in all of its unapologetic, blue jean and t-shirt glory. Unlike other networks that serve up much of the same old content you've been watching for years, MAVTV brings you plenty of never-before-seen high definition exclusives. It's fresh, original content finely tuned to beat the typical television watching experience. Comedy, Movies, Action Sports, Adventure and More...all in fantastic HD detail.

Thanks - Cheers - Jim

It's supposed to be on Optima's channel (wherever that is) and on Roku... the last time I looked at the Optima, their showing was later then the MavTV showing (which does make sense)

Made me look! https://www.youtube.com/c/optimabatteries

If they "lag" I'll catch first on MavTv. Back to sanding.
Cheers - Jim
what a trip the filming is. I may end up nowhere on it (kind of doubtful because I had cameras on my car pretty much the entire time) - but I seriously think one of the biggest boosts I got was from that whole thing.... I know all you experienced racers don't think anything of it - but to me that was as much a trip as sliding out of the box on the stop challenge (oops)....

So in other news... the car.
It still runs.

but, I need better tires - I finally saw how they could help, but I'll also say that up and until now, they would have been pearls before pigs...

it ran. But I knocked off after completing all the first rounds because I was getting concerned that it's dropping a cylinder. I cannot afford a new motor this year, much as I'd love to have stayed 3 more hours and ran....

The clutch.... ugh. Even at the low power, doing the last challenge - the accel/braking session, the clutch started to slip. I don't know what to do about this, that clutch is supposed to be able to handle the power.... but the bbc torque? yeah. Maybe I should bandaid it with 3.73 gears? then the tires would go up in smoke before the clutch did....

so the list
eMCq32Hh.jpg

I need to find 200 tw tires

and the clutch is "check".... it should be okay, but then again, it was getting funky on the last brake portion..in all seriousness, I should put a 3.73 rear gear in

the mirror won't stay aligned and I need a better rear view... so suggestions would be nice