Plastic Fantastic 2

entire day, what did I get done? nothing
XvIqpru.jpg
got the part to fix this...
TB8M31M.jpg
nope

so I did put stuff in the motorhome and got a start on cleaning out the house in anticipation of a move.... but still, nothing.

closer to where I autox, not closer to Pacific Raceways or Portland International.... closest big track, I think, is UMC
I'm a Christian - around here, that's not a positive.... and honestly, I'm tired of it.

people with tiny feet don't get it, but the pedals are pretty annoying to anyone else.
WsqYoCqh.jpg

a bit more space for feet - and the benefit of not catching your foot under the brake pedal
4JfoKrph.jpg

power window switch fixed
uagPL9Dh.jpg

and the rest of the wing parts arrived
rAMYErih.jpg
PqhrRx0h.jpg
jaEyAxAh.jpg

That is looking good. The placement should help the area behind the rear window/on the rear deck. I've got to get busy with the CFD soon.
Packing up that shop will take a few days.

Cheers - Jim

That is looking good. The placement should help the area behind the rear window/on the rear deck. I've got to get busy with the CFD soon.
Packing up that shop will take a few days.

Cheers - Jim
Indeed, the key is going to be having the new shop ready before I put anything in it...... unlikely, but a goal

I completely understand the pedal thing. I used to chuck my boots in the rear package tray just to drive. My foot would always catch on the brake pedal unless I was barefoot it seemed. Not sure if the auto cars have the same issue, but who wants a Corvette with only two pedals?

Yeah, what is the deal with the pedals? I bent the accelerator pedal rod to get it away from the carpet and made a new bumper to get the clutch and brake at the same distance from the floor. Just a little more space between the pedals would be really good.

Yeah, what is the deal with the pedals? I bent the accelerator pedal rod to get it away from the carpet and made a new bumper to get the clutch and brake at the same distance from the floor. Just a little more space between the pedals would be really good.
probably another casualty of the bean counters. They use pedals that are the same size and shape as A-body pedals but in 1/3rd the space... I realize I didn't take an after picture (or the camera just didn't save it) - I cut the pedals so I could get the pads as far left as possible - gained at least 1/2" of space, which with racing shoes is quite a bit. That's also another thing - the headlight dimmer switch. My 76, it's on the floor, my 75 was on the column. Next car gets the dimmer on the column (if it isn't already there) because there is plenty of space - even for a dead pedal without the high beam switch....

final picture of brake/clutch pedal install
zQLYUROh.jpg
onto the tank - experience has taught me that head space is helpful in tank design
i3KhbVh.jpg
tack tack tack
oTlpvFvh.jpg

an hour here and there and it will be done

fuel level
JC0AACzh.jpg
I'm fairly sure these are older then me but still work fantastic on 16 ga stainless
RZJtfCjh.jpg
that is not an impact driver and I wouldn't dream of using it with my punches
NtY6zgoh.jpg
installed
3YvA8plh.jpg
weird, magnets stick to stainless
3YvA8plh.jpg
yet somehow they didn't before
3YvA8plh.jpg
OBX welded the inserts in place.... ugh
ox2y0wdh.jpg
NO
zNjoHPAh.jpg

I think round one will still be bolt the cones in place and hope it drops the dbs enough. I'm going to autox at PIR before Optima - if it works, great, if not, they toss me and I figure something out in the 6 or so weeks between that event and primetime

Thanks.... I see places that PF3 will be even better... but I'm quite proud of PF2.
So this, I think, is going to work
upV3Zvih.jpg
reminder, 109 db, need 103... what it does is take the sharp out of the top.... dyno soon, so we'll see how it plays there... truth is the sidepipe headers do about everythng wrong - so a future thing will be new headers into the sidepipes... but that truly is a next winter deal
S8AsuORh.jpg
next - tank vent installed
Gjwtk9v.jpg
got the parts to connect the hydramat to the Aeromotive A1000 pump
tVcFJ9c.jpg
you cannot baffle a tank too much. Can not. in this case, there will be trimming and fabbing but this is part one of at least 2 parts
TfhU1bb.jpg
next it gets trimmed, then piano hinges on the bottom to seal.
Once that's done, it will get more side to side baffling

hopefully Sunday I'll be pressure testing...

Reactions: rtj
Your noise reduction approach is showing the way for my header build. Thanks for documenting.
It will be nice to have the dyno comparison too. Important to know the "costs" of freedom.
Remember: Jet Noise - The Sound of Freedom!

Cheers Jim

Your noise reduction approach is showing the way for my header build. Thanks for documenting.
It will be nice to have the dyno comparison too. Important to know the "costs" of freedom.
Remember: Jet Noise - The Sound of Freedom!

Cheers Jim
the proof will be on the dyno.... it is remarkable how much it seems to have helped, but the dyno will tell us whether or not the theory that we talked about before holds water....