Life sucks

Women, they should come with a manual.

Anyway i've been married for 17 years now. No signs yet (but we do argue sometimes...smyda :) but i guess you never now.

Has this something to do with their age ( 50 +) ? Just that I know what may be ahead of me.

Hang in there. Things will always turn, that's for sure.

The first one was spoiled silly....

the second one was also, but at least was smart enough to keep her .gov job.....

but far as easy to live with.....Linda here puts them ALL to shame.....

:bounce: Linda done forgot more personality then the other two know of...

:nuts:

the second one was also, but at least was smart enough to keep her .gov job.....
So basically you was sleeping with the enemy :lol:

:hissyfit: more for the kid's sake, fur sure.....trick was to stick close enough to see them through to at least able to hop a jet to see the old man....they were 6&4 when she left.....
so I moved into a older/lesser hood across the freeway, and still saw the critters every 2 weekends.....it WAS funny though in that the only discipline the kids ever actually saw, AFAIK was when g/f Lucy, who I met almost 2 years after the separation....slapped her hand on the table demanding respect/quiet at the Sunday AM breakfast she fixed that weekend.....

I found out only about 5 years ago, that they both HATED her, and my reply was, but you knew enough to RESPECT her, and her words.....

silence, as a response......

like I say....CASE CLOSED.....

:hissyfit::censored:

Pretty sure it's the same here. One of our daughters divorced her husband by going to the library and reading up n how. She printed the papers, he signed and it was over. I think court costs were under $100.I'm not even that afraid of what would happen if she gets ugly. I can always buy new stuff. I just have never felt pain like this in my life. My mother died in my arms and the sadness wasn't even close to this.:clobbered: Thanks to all for your support! And Gary---hang in there man, you're going to be fine in no time.

Bad idea in my state anyway. the woman can come back and "redivorce" you and get anything she wants just by stating she didnt understand what you had her sign.

Well, we sign the papers tomorrow. My heart still doesn't believe it's real. She is being more than fair. She didn't even take half of savings, nothing out of checking, she wants half of an annuity and one fourth of what she figures the adition we built on our house is worth. I guess she just wants out badly enough not to fight. I just can't bring myself to understand why!!

Art, I'm really sorry for you man. I guess in a way I can kind of relate, but maybe more to your wife. When I got married the first time, there was something in me that knew it was just the wrong thing to do. But I didn't listen to that voice and instead dragged that relationship out for 10 years. That's 10 years neither one of us will ever get back. In all fairness she did nothing wrong at first, later on is a different story. It was all me. Truly the epitome of, "it's not you, it's me". I had no business making her a promise I knew I was incapable of living up to. Maybe your wife is in the same boat and choosing to do this now rather than drag it out and do something far more painful down the line.
Maybe in your case it truly isn't you, it's her.

Art, I'm really sorry for you man. I guess in a way I can kind of relate, but maybe more to your wife. When I got married the first time, there was something in me that knew it was just the wrong thing to do. But I didn't listen to that voice and instead dragged that relationship out for 10 years. That's 10 years neither one of us will ever get back. In all fairness she did nothing wrong at first, later on is a different story. It was all me. Truly the epitome of, "it's not you, it's me". I had no business making her a promise I knew I was incapable of living up to. Maybe your wife is in the same boat and choosing to do this now rather than drag it out and do something far more painful down the line.
Nicely put :thumbs:

Nicely put :thumbs:

Yeah, but it makes me a douche.

There werre some things I did that were wrong, but if she would have only talked to me and said---look bud-this needs to stop, it would have. She said she just let it build up till it ate her up inside. I know in my heart I am not the problem. She changed. She's not the person I married. I just can't help wondering how long all the hugs, kisses and I love you's were a lie. I'll love her till I die. Maybe I can tuck it in a corner of my heeart and lead a semi normal life. We'll see. Thanks to all of you for your support through this most difficult time in my life.