Life sucks

Hey Art, give us an update when you get a chance. We're all here for you, we just want to know you're still with us. I bet I speak for everyone when I tell you I check this thread daily.

Wow, I feel sorry for you guys.:cry: Hang in there all of you.

Many years ago I too was knocked flat on my ass by a similar pronouncement. Total shock and disbelief was followed by all the classic five stages but about six to nine months in I found an advert that stated "the best revenge is living well". I tore it out for a friend who was freshly hurting but I've never forgotten it.

I've had my latest bride for about 27 years now and she's not showing any signs of running away. The first one didn't either but hey, we live in hope:evil:

Not really, just trying to illustrate that the wounds WILL heal and you'll be stronger for it. Life's pretty damned good when we're not fretting it.

What's I read the other day? Something about worrying must be a good thing cuz 99% of the stuff I worry about doesn't happen......:amused:

I went thru this, but 30 years ago. It's always hard, but it's always for the better. If she doesn't want to be your wife, you just don't want her. That simple, but hard to comprehend.
I found that delving into a project you enjoy helps. Not participating here, or not driving the vette like you enjoy is the worst thing you can do. Immerse yourself in your hobby, and stay busy.

I don't know if this is relevant or not but I'll share it anyway.....

My Grandfather was married 5 times and lived to the age of 93.

That makes me feel rather optimistic about life.

:drink:

I really appreciate all the support from everyone here. I'm not trying to be an ass, but no matter what anyone here has been through, you don't know how how I feel. She didn't do it for money. She only took half of what we had in the bank, no more. I dedicated every thead of my being to this woman for the last 13 years. Now she's telling me that because I wasn't absolutely happy with my job and complained often about it when I got home, i was bringing her down. I am supposedly a negative person. I just don't know if I can ever open myself up to that again. I'm just going to medicate myself again and go to bed. I love you all. Art

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 57 too and have been thru this 3 times already, so maybe I've had some of those feelings. Believe me, they'll pass and you will chuckle about them.
It all takes time and the length is up to you. It helps to stop the subjective thoughts and start looking at things more objectively.
Bottom line, a woman that doesn't want to be there is best for you, if she isn't there, no matter what excuses they give.
If you're the type of person that absolutely needs a companion, then go do it, Go forward. This time find one that might appreciate you a little more. Then everything will fall in place.
Lots out there. Good luck.:clap:

Well, after a week of intense medication, I took my first step forward today. I ordered two new aluminum tubular upper control arms and a complete transverse composite spring setup , w/lightweight lower control arms for the front of my baby. It felt good not to say-----Is it OK if I do this?:pprrtt:

Well, after a week of intense medication, I took my first step forward today. I ordered two new aluminum tubular upper control arms and a complete transverse composite spring setup , w/lightweight lower control arms for the front of my baby. It felt good not to say-----Is it OK if I do this?:pprrtt:

:shocking::p:beer:

BTDT, BIG TYME.....I bought not just ONE but TWO old Poncho hotrods....

one of them was the '70 Lemans/GTO convertible.....and a boat,.....

and then my '87 vette for the first vette since forever.....

and SO, like I say, it's a krazy life and BTDT....

:shocking::gurney:

I really appreciate all the support from everyone here. I'm not trying to be an ass, but no matter what anyone here has been through, you don't know how how I feel.

That's the point Amigo, We do know how you feel, understand thoroughly and thusly can support you totally. So many of us have been in your spot and survived to live happily. There's always a little black spot in your heart no matter how many years go by but you learn to ignore it, In a few months you'll begin to heal and we'll all be here for you in the meantime....

Yeah, I know:gurney:

Good for you mate :thumbs:

Not familiar with your vette, but does the new suspension work merit a new powerplant?:evil:

World's Shortest Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'No!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode Corvettes and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.

The end