Life sucks

Well, after a week of intense medication, I took my first step forward today. I ordered two new aluminum tubular upper control arms and a complete transverse composite spring setup , w/lightweight lower control arms for the front of my baby. It felt good not to say-----Is it OK if I do this?:pprrtt:

Not familiar with your vette, but does the new suspension work merit a new powerplant?:evil:

Already got a 400+ HP aftermarket TPI 383 stroker, Accel Thruster management system w/700R-4 and 3.70 gears, long tube headers and 3" stainless exhaust.

World's Shortest Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'No!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode Corvettes and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.

The end

Great Story:thumbs:.........to bad its a Fairy Tale :(

Well, after a week of intense medication, I took my first step forward today. I ordered two new aluminum tubular upper control arms and a complete transverse composite spring setup , w/lightweight lower control arms for the front of my baby. It felt good not to say-----Is it OK if I do this?:pprrtt:

Not familiar with your vette, but does the new suspension work merit a new powerplant?:evil:

Already got a 400+ HP aftermarket TPI 383 stroker, Accel Thruster management system w/700R-4 and 3.70 gears, long tube headers and 3" stainless exhaust.

Well then, I like your thinking...that powerplant deserves a badass front end:D

World's Shortest Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'No!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode Corvettes and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.

The end

No tail in your fairy tale

hmmm..... about time to put a 5spd in that puppy....

:clap::clap::clap:

I just started reading this thread and see many suggestions on finding a new lady to be in your life.

So you are single, mature, healthy and have loads of friends, plus a Corvette. Smell the roses as they are all around you.:chinese:

Actually, I just got off the Van Steel website seriously considering the rear offset trailing arm and coilover system. Guess I'd better wait and see what she does to my bank account, though. Art

Actually, I just got off the Van Steel website seriously considering the rear offset trailing arm and coilover system. Guess I'd better wait and see what she does to my bank account, though. Art
Hehe, not much she can do if you empty it first :D

Only problem is her name is right next to mine on the title to the Vette and the deed to the paid for house. On the plus side, her brand new Infiniti EX35 is in my name and she has 4 times the money in her 401K than I do.

I dunno what a 401K is but it sure sounds like there's some maneuvering room there.

Seriously though, it's far easier on everyone if you can remain at least civil with each other - my ex-wife and I get on pretty well, she even came to my wedding with wife #2 :thumbs:

Last edited:
Hehe, not much she can do if you empty it first :D

Good one![/QUOTE]

Art, better consult with a lawyer in your state so he can fill you in on what to do and not to do, just so you understand the law.
Anything with a paper trail you can't hide and probably will be community property 50/50 and the judge will backtrack. Retirements may be exempt or half of hers may be yours.
On the other hand she could go out today and rack up 50 grand in credit card debt and you will owe half of that too.
It can make a difference as to when papers are served as to the limits of liability, so you may want to be proactive in the legal sense.

On the other hand, if you have stashed away gold or cash or whatever with no trail, you never heard of it.
Be smart and informed not a time for more surprises

If I were you I would cancel any jointly held credit cards and bank accounts etc. Women are evil when it comes to divorce don't think for a second she will just give up for 1/2 of what was in you savings/checking account.

do what someone else said and consult a lawyer immediately!

Sad but true women a very spiteful people in any divorce so don't let any of her pleasantries deceive you.

Good luck to you guy and don't let her have her way.

If I were you I would cancel any jointly held credit cards and bank accounts etc. Women are evil when it comes to divorce don't think for a second she will just give up for 1/2 of what was in you savings/checking account.

do what someone else said and consult a lawyer immediately!

Sad but true women a very spiteful people in any divorce so don't let any of her pleasantries deceive you.

Good luck to you guy and don't let her have her way.

These are words to live by....There's nothing worst than a woman scorned :(

I'm positive there's not any animosity in what she's doing. She feels she needs out for whatever reason. if she wanted to rape me, she could have already done it. When her first husband screwed around on her and wanted a divorce, all she asked for was the dining room set, the children and her half of the down payment they just put down on a new house. if she holds true to what she told me she wanted, all's good. I just have to get over loving someone more than I love myself. Trust me when I say---that's a lot!!!! I worshiped her for 13 years. Everything I have done in that time frame has been for her. Never a thought for myself. Guess I won't do that again, huh?

Don't give up on that idea just yet. We all get burned but the surest way to doom a future relationship is to take that old baggage and hurt into a new one. Just my $.02.
Glad to see you're still with us, Art. And I am even cautiously on your side. If you feel confident that your wife is going to be a fair player, then maybe you can both separate amicably and equitably. But I do hate it for you, man. Thinking and checking in on you daily. Feel free to post whenever you feel the need to blow off some steam.

Here in FL it's called "simplified divorce" for couples without kids. If you both agree on who gets what you can be divorced within 6 weeks - don't even need a lawyer... maybe TX offers the same deal ??

Pretty sure it's the same here. One of our daughters divorced her husband by going to the library and reading up n how. She printed the papers, he signed and it was over. I think court costs were under $100.I'm not even that afraid of what would happen if she gets ugly. I can always buy new stuff. I just have never felt pain like this in my life. My mother died in my arms and the sadness wasn't even close to this.:clobbered: Thanks to all for your support! And Gary---hang in there man, you're going to be fine in no time.