Poser road race corvettes

I got a replacement front left calipper last weekend and I think I did a pretty good job installing it.. no leaks, brakes feel fine :bump:

I changed the oil. Got a leak. Your WAY ahead of me. (Maybe I should put a sticker on it?):tomato:

The car has beem to Limerock Park (cant go back until its quiter), Watkins Glen and September 17th it gooes to NJMP...........you want to turn up and take pictures???

I hope you're not talking about parade laps. Who did you run with. Almost all major clubs have a photograhper that takes picts and posts them on their website for purchase. I suggest you pay the 50 bucks and get the picts since its up to you to prove you run the car hard.

Is this the new fad?

What do you mean by fad? if you mean taking 5 years to build, more than that in researching vintage pictures and making sure the changes and decals are accurate?
And now your fucking pyshic? you can see a picture and no whether a car has been on the track or not, and by doing so that makes it cool with you? who the fuck are you ?the race car police??

Just want to thank Twin Turbo for creating this website so elitist, arrogant twats like you can post here, and in doing so people with technical ability, and great skills like "Road Race vette" can go abut their business and share it with us on the other forum.

I'll end now so you can all huddle together and get your superhero Alex to formulate a response.

Is that what you did? Let us see it. I admire research and attention to detail. Post a pic of your ride.

Since you didn't post any pics, I went and found some...is this your ride?

Nicks_69_Stingray_front.jpg

DSC01873.jpg

:waxer::sick:
puke.gif

TT: You need to add that last smiley to the ones you have. We need it for situations like this :)

BTW...the opinions expressed by the smilies in this post are those of the smilies only. I'm neutral on things like this. :)

What do you mean by fad? if you mean taking 5 years to build, more than that in researching vintage pictures and making sure the changes and decals are accurate?

You seem to have missed the part where the car was RED

I got a replacement front left calipper last weekend and I think I did a pretty good job installing it.. no leaks, brakes feel fine :bump:

I changed the oil. Got a leak. Your WAY ahead of me. (Maybe I should put a sticker on it?):tomato:

I have about 15 or so stickers in the garage,how many do you want :eek:h:

MY tool box and cart is faster than yours.....so is my storage cabinet....

so there!!!!:smash::smash::eek:

I remember using stickers to cover scratches and dents.:nuts:

HA!!! I heard your Vette still has STP and flower stickers on it!!!!!:lol:

All my stickers go on my toolbox. Wait....does that make my toolbox a vintage Craftsman racing toolbox? If I roll it out to a racing event and let a guy use my ratchet, can I say my tools are vintage racing tools? We need to get these things straightened out. I may have a garage full of vintage crap that is suddenly worth big $$$. :twitch:

I don't see what the big deal is. If its your car, do what makes you happy with it.

That's correct. However, don't PRETEND it's more than it is. I have an 81 Caprice powered Disco Buggy. It is not a number's matching vintage race car, it's JUST a Chevy that my wife love's. That is all.:quote:

I don't see what the big deal is. If its your car, do what makes you happy with it.

That's correct. However, don't PRETEND it's more than it is. I have an 81 Caprice powered Disco Buggy. It is not a number's matching vintage race car, it's JUST a Chevy that my wife love's. That is all.:quote:

WAIT A MINUTE!! That IS a vintage car. It's a vintage police cruiser!! :twitch:

The problem with that thread at the other place is people veered way off topic just to show off their non-vintage poser cars. The topic of the thread was, and still is, Vintage road race pics. There is nothing "vintage" about making a clone of a real race car. You can call it a "tribute" car, but that yellow car isn't even that. It has the wrong color paint, the wrong engine, and a ton of wrong parts installed on it. A tribute car is a car done as closely to the original as possible with today's parts availability. That yellow car doesn't come close to the original red one in that description. There are no pics of it actually road racing, so it can't even make that claim. Where I used to live we used a different description than poser for what was done to that yellow Vette. But if I used it I'd be banned. I'm on thin ice as it is over here, so don't want to bring any more heat on me ;)

Dep

Personally I think they are gay :censored:

I'm waiting for alex's opinion :lol:

And we are posers too. Well my car is not good looking enough to be a poser.

If i see chrome bumpers i classify the car as a show n' shiner.

What's wrong with being Gay? We get a lot of good musicals from Gay people. I just saw Momma Mia last night for the 3rd time. Does that make me Gay?

I'm a poser on weekdays and a dirver on weekends and a show n' shiner.....Oh wait...I ain't ever put it into a show, but it sure does shine!
Does 3k miles in 3 months make me less of a poser? WTF is a poser. Now I'm really confused....Stickers...that's it...I'll put stickers on it and drive it around...that'll make me a poser.

But I don't give a darn cause I got this and you can call it whatever you like...I just call it mine:2nd:

And if any of you want to tell me to STFU...go right ahead:D:lol::lol:

IMG_0509.jpg

All my stickers go on my toolbox. Wait....does that make my toolbox a vintage Craftsman racing toolbox? If I roll it out to a racing event and let a guy use my ratchet, can I say my tools are vintage racing tools? We need to get these things straightened out. I may have a garage full of vintage crap that is suddenly worth big $$$. :twitch:

It just means your toolbox is a poser:harhar:

It just means your toolbox is a poser:harhar:

OK...we need pics of all those poser tool boxes:lol:

You seem to have missed the part where the car was RED

No wasn't missed, I made a conscious decision to not paint it red.
My car, my choice.

And so it should be.
Frankly, just what is your issue, other than slamming anyone that does not share your opinion?