Plastic Fantastic 2

this is what I use for a 10' reach height, mine is called a 6' height with a 4' high platform.
I've thought about those, the problem is they're in the way when they're not in use plus you need a 4' aisle to roll it along (not the pictured, the ones like Home Depot example).

I want a forklift, originally, I was looking at order-picker style but think a small, 4000# hyster or similar would be good. Alternatively, putting Christmas lights on the house is going to be a challenge, so an all-terrain manlift would work double duty as a forklift (along with my tractor)

DIY or mod a ladder as a "Library-Style" - rollers on the feet (locking) and sliding "hanger" at the top.
Always there, but you can move it. Might double for the Christmas lights.

Cheers - Jim

i went for the collapsible poduium ladder for that reason, it has the platform at 4' you stand on it and it has a "guard" rail you can lean against, it gives a 10' height but you still have to get the boxes down from there. it works great but if it was taller for the plat form it may make getting boxes down harder. i can easily get a box and hand it some one at this height or get it down my self it it was taller it might be more difficult/dangerous

i went for the collapsible poduium ladder for that reason, it has the platform at 4' you stand on it and it has a "guard" rail you can lean against, it gives a 10' height but you still have to get the boxes down from there. it works great but if it was taller for the plat form it may make getting boxes down harder. i can easily get a box and hand it some one at this height or get it down my self it it was taller it might be more difficult/dangerous
I like the idea, I really do however there is one, slight problem with it.... it is far easier to move a lever to make heavy items defy gravity then it is to hoof them up stairs. I'm old enough that I can get away with that excuse.....

I like the idea, I really do however there is one, slight problem with it.... it is far easier to move a lever to make heavy items defy gravity then it is to hoof them up stairs. I'm old enough that I can get away with that excuse.....
i like it, hard to argue with one of those platform lifts that you can drive, Holiday lights would be fun with those

back to Corvette content

adjust valves.... I figured I wouldn't have to warm up the motor since it was 100 degrees out....
got motor hot, everything was too tight. Not by a lot, but the exhaust especially were 1/8-1/4 turn too tight

rsD7dOKh.jpg

upgrades coming soon.... front suspension
1660195417711.png

when I was at optima, my alignment substantially changed because of the cam locks. This will fix that

I also have a new rack coming

next is - and advice would be great - adjustable sway bars.. looking at these
1660195581607.png

it's annoying they don't respond to my requests - however, I want a C5 sway bar and a 5th gen camaro rear

I've asked for sponsorship from Apex wheels - going 18" all around

then finally, probably Nankings for 200tw tires.

^^^^^^^
I called them a while back and they could not accommodate the weird backspacing I have on my rear wheels. I needed a 12.5-13" wheel with a 5.75" backspace. Good prices. Will look good on your car!

Pappy -

The rear end would be a bit less sensitive to "scrub" than the front. So, what if the wheel was moved in/out with some small spacers - or LCA/UCA/CV adjustment? Or, maybe the wheel/Tire combo would be a rubbing issue?
I gotta' say I'm typing "Out loud Here," guess I need to a thought experiment to slow down -- its raining, I'm back home from the boat (it is sold) and I've and lots of work to do here on Elvira - so guess I'm avoiding getting to it.​

Aaron - Those are NICE wheels - Maybe I should have stayed 18 inch - not been "wedded" to 15s. DOOOH!

Cheers - Jim

I'm doing two things at once.... once which helps my offset woes.

according to Apex, it requires a 15mm spacer for C5 offsets... I don't know where it will land for me but I know I can adjust track width about the same as the front - so I may dispense of the spacer and simply widen the track.... 15mm... just over 1/2"....

this Global West kit allows me to move the bottom in 1/4" per side, while I'm at it, I may add some more baseline caster (base is 3.5 move that to 5 or even 6*)

1660353453625.png

Pappy -

The rear end would be a bit less sensitive to "scrub" than the front. So, what if the wheel was moved in/out with some small spacers - or LCA/UCA/CV adjustment? Or, maybe the wheel/Tire combo would be a rubbing issue?
I gotta' say I'm typing "Out loud Here," guess I need to a thought experiment to slow down -- its raining, I'm back home from the boat (it is sold) and I've and lots of work to do here on Elvira - so guess I'm avoiding getting to it.​

Aaron - Those are NICE wheels - Maybe I should have stayed 18 inch - not been "wedded" to 15s. DOOOH!

Cheers - Jim
No real room to move the wheel in or out and still run the 13X18 wheel with a 358mm slick. The 5.75" backspace is the maximum to accommodate the Decalink suspension, and Apex and Forgeline can only get to about 7.25" on a 13" wheel with their one piece forgings. Finspeed built me a set using Corvette GT Prototype forgings (they only had 3 - used 2 for my rear wheels), but a CNC data entry error resulted in the wrong backspacing -so unusable. They haven't been able to find another GTP forging. I do have two sets of Forgeline GA3Rs (three piece road race wheels with titanium fasteners), but I was trying to find monoblock forged wheels to save a little weight.

Last edited:
bleeding edge technology - worth it?

It is early (and, pre-breakfast) but the price really got me thinking (and looking). I had a bookmark that took a few minutes to relocate, but I'll be heading off on the radiator/fan plan too. SO, long time back - pulled this one to review:
Grumpy has a lot of good info and I'd bet you've already looked it over, but still a good "share" for the rest of the gang.

I note at $400+ it doesn't include the digital controller - huh? Soft start is a good feature, however. But, you'll want a shroud - purpose designed for the new radiator and ductwork, but this or similar could be incorporated.

Cheers - Jim

It is early (and, pre-breakfast) but the price really got me thinking (and looking). I had a bookmark that took a few minutes to relocate, but I'll be heading off on the radiator/fan plan too. SO, long time back - pulled this one to review:
Grumpy has a lot of good info and I'd bet you've already looked it over, but still a good "share" for the rest of the gang.

I note at $400+ it doesn't include the digital controller - huh? Soft start is a good feature, however. But, you'll want a shroud - purpose designed for the new radiator and ductwork, but this or similar could be incorporated.

Cheers - Jim
4100 cfm is a lot. What interests me is that blade design and that it doesn't appear to create as much drag as typical fans.

$499 with control (which is a lot). But with that said, mine doesn't overheat - and I have $2,000 sway bars to buy (ugh)..