Plastic Fantastic 2

That is similar to what I had planned. Any tips or tricks to seal what you have to the underside of the hood?

not much to update today - spent the day doing a bunch of things but nothing really photoworthy
the blocks installed
XagSmCYh.jpg
and pulling wiring out to find out why #8 isn't firing
XMH3jECh.jpg
if only I was one of these alleged experts....

That must have been a satisfying moment to find the #8 issue.

Looks good.

today's fight.... that lever near the top corner of the door is a hateful thing.... the tl;dr is you can't open the door from the inside
Ev4vDXFh.jpg
but before I get to that.... time to fasten the spoiler
4MhJxCdh.jpg
2nd
Skoqbvwh.jpg
install with panel bond
UDhiQROh.jpg
before
fJEfGKJh.jpg
I'm making this in 3 pieces, I need to put a bit in to account for the 2" width change
kltwxWRh.jpg
goop
QS0QSUDh.jpg
oh look at me all race car and stuff
Gw6NoYuh.jpg
but before that, time for filler to smooth the transition
TnaxK8ah.jpg
and to fix the body damage from the sidepipe coming off
vR9bygdh.jpg
and the other side
1vm8aSSh.jpg

That door latch lever is crap. First off, the lever is made out of sheet metal with an offset pivot (a rivet) that guaranteed to bind. Also the control rod is pushing, causing the rod to bend at the ends. Then the handle breaks, etc. Worst design ever.

I replaced mine so that I can use a cable to pull the latch, not push:
1710934458873.png

1710934491257.png

1710934523603.png

aero and bodywork continued
gRbEyEJh.jpg
ready for the next hit
YwBD6A9h.jpg
fitting flares
1vm8aSSh.jpg
sand
Hu3dg0qh.jpg
and more sanding
focZENvh.jpg
then fit the center piece
gPQbkV3h.jpg
of course it doesn't work
uabfZwch.jpg
but maybe, once you chop it in half
UNdeu4Hh.jpg
anyway, that's where I stopped for tonight.... probably pin it together tomorrow then start blending stuff together but yet making it removable in pieces. My plan is get this 3d scanned then save the print file - thus when I break it (and it will happen) I'll have parts ready to go

grand, Imgur seems to have jumped the shark tank...
but I digress.... very illustrative photos today
sidepipes
B8quCvS.jpg
new insert
BCoKrZQ.jpg
onto the front
first, make them butt together
wASIiWn.jpg
then figure out how to glue the two pieces back together
wASIiWn.jpg
and voila, glued
AHA7MNw.jpg

Interested to hear how the new inserts compare to the baffles. Are those the hooker or sweet thunder?

Interested to hear how the new inserts compare to the baffles. Are those the hooker or sweet thunder?
Doug's.... which is a division of Holley now... they don't sound much different from what was in there before, maybe not as sharp of note

Reactions: rtj
did a lot today, but didn't do a lot of picture worthy stuff.... did gloop the spoiler together
2SDxybP.jpg
then trimmed it a bit while it was still gooey
xz7WPBq.jpg

part of yesterday was remove the doors from the 68 shell... I need a part out of one, but that wasn't the reason I took them off
if that hole looks like a trailer hit it.... 100 mph winds move trailers... go figure
RTPaHx5h.jpg
other door... the reason for removal was more to get the crank windows out of the doors... I'll sell what's left once I've done the swap
fazdZvrh.jpg
love the epoxy, for those who forgot, total boat sells a powder you can mix into resin to make a bonding agent
2SDxybPh.jpg
then sculpt the spoiler with bondo.... may get this 3d printed too
9XBZBXXh.jpg

the reason I may just run it - I need to run a brace to the center of the spoiler - at this point, that's probably the strongest point with the aluminum backing plate...