New oil pump and pan

IMO no need for a HV pump unless you have a bleed off like a turbocharer or an oil fed SC (that's the only reason I use them)

There are other reasons also.

I was going to do a test which involved bypassing externally to the pan, because I have reasons to think it's cavitating because of the bypass. The accident got in the way of that.

Feedback time..... After two test drives the new pump seems to be just what the doctor ordered...... With cold oil the pressure at idle is lower than with the HV pump so the 10% extra is better than the 25% extra volume..... With warm oil the pressure is lower at idle and also lower when driving,haven't really got the oil hot yet - apparently it takes more time to heat up 7qts vs 5qts so we'll see how it is with hot oil and cruise rpm at 2200 this weekend.......

I thought I just add this if someone else runs into the same problem.

I disconnected the lines running to the thermostat, oil cooler and accusump and connected the engine directly to the remote filter. No pressure drop anymore.

Seems like there is something in that disconnected circuit that restricts the flow. I suspect either the filter or the accusump one-way valve.

Another update :

I ran several tests, the first one was reconnecting the oil cooler circuit, but put a nipple in place of the oil cooler. The pressure drop was still there.

In a second test I removed the Accusump check valve et voilà, no more pressure drop.