My project

I would be ok with your brackets especially if your not having trouble. I am just looking for measurements like a cad or pdf so I can have them made. :O)

I think I have some crude drawings/measurements out on the net somewhere, but honestly I dunno where, I know the welder that fabbed them up for me was NAVY trained and works on power plants/etc all the time , so I know the welding is fine for MY use....I just paranoid over seeing all the reports of shitty welds on STEERING

also keep in mind, I have a upper arm cross support, so my frame is solid as a rock NOW....

If you want, I can scan/find maybe a .pdf in the computer of the old drawings, and send them to you in email.....

PM with your addy if you want...

GENE

Ever considered the Borgeson/Jeep conversion?
I've tackled many mod on my car and I still regard the rack conversion as a hard one(I went for the Borgeson myself).

Edit: Nevermind, saw your post on the other thread.

Last edited:
I just purchased the parts so I should be trying to mock up the brackets this weekend. But to answer your thoughts, yes I did look into the Borgeson kit. Hopefully I chose correctly.

The paint on the hubs face may throw off your rotor runout.
I'm lucky to have a friend who has a lathe, I had mine machined after painting.

Wow, I hope I wont have any problems.... and for some reason the pictures look pink but the color is a deep red... like a bkood red... I will be making this one a driver but it will look good. Hopefully...

I am getting really close to starting my baby. I want to say thanks to all my friends on this site for all your help. I know some of my questions probably seem silly but I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!
I need to get some clips and a couple different parts to clean up my hoses too. I'll end up getting steel braided hoses soon. more progress picts to come...

thum_3624557822ed410db.jpg

Last edited:
... I'll end up getting steel braided hoses soon. more progress picts to come... ]

For what its worth - I've really liked working with an outfit online "ANFITTINGSDIRECT.COM" good prices and quick delivery. Doing my entire fuel, brake and radiators with their gear. They also have a sister site Silicone hoses or something if you want that route. Stainless steel radiator hose for me! Not associated - just a happy customer passing along my experience. Cheers - Jim

I would love to have a tan/brown soft top, but it's FLORIDA......

maybe next time, car going to Ca. when I kick, let my son have at it....

:crutches:

Gene - you know he'd love that car - a tan/brownsoft top would be the "bee's knees" with your colors - and great in Cali too!

Cheers - Jim

Some more progress. I ask mama bear for a black rag top for fathers day! lol...
thum_3624557ad6f66bb6e.jpg
thum_3624557ad7573e40f.jpg
thum_3624557ad7671f715.jpg

Gene - you know he'd love that car - a tan/brownsoft top would be the "bee's knees" with your colors - and great in Cali too!

Cheers - Jim

No $$ or that now.....but did note that SR's vette has blacked out chrome bumpers, I missed that, and my car used to be burgundy too boot, and I have been seriously considering for long time now, to get the front/rear bumpers powder coated gloss black, just like the grill and other trim items.....He beat me to it......:surrender:

got an outfit next door that does fine work.....did the mirrors, rocker panels, grill, tail lights, gas door, so far, and that was years ago.....

Yea the look is crazy cool. I love it and I cant wait to get the black rag top too. Im almost ready to drive the beast but I have to hook up one last line to the hydraulic clutch, add tranny fluid, then hopefully be driving. I am hoping I hooked up everything ok. I never did mods before. :0)