In Memoriam - Rolling Thunder

Moderator, thank you for the notification - I was just about to ask how he was doing. So sorry to hear about the loss, my deepest condolences to the family. He will be missed by all.
Frank

Hello

Oh now. I do not like this type of notifications.

My condolences to the family of Dave.

Reading through his thread, specially the last pages, brings tears in my eyes.
What a strong man.

Rgds. Günther

Truly sad news, my condolences and best wishes to Dave's family and friends.

I'm sad to say I only knew him through his posts but I respect his courage,skill,and his outlook on life.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
'WOW, what a ride!!!"
Say's it all and are words we all should live by!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
'WOW, what a ride!!!"

Dave, ONCE again, Thanks for that.
It's going on my desk, dash and garage--the places I frequent most -- and will always be reminded of you and your strength 'til the end.​
I hope your eptiaph is posted for others to see outside these forums -- It shows how well you lived. Your family knows we'll all miss you.
We'll keep you and them in our hearts.

Sorry to hear this! I hold a place in my heart for you along with the memories of my fallen fellow soldiers and brothers. Rest in peace!

Courage

Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace.
The soul that knows it not Knows no release from little things:
Knows not the livid loneliness of fear,
Nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear
The sound of wings.
How can life grant us boon of living, compensate
For dull gray ugliness and pregnant hate
Unless we dare The soul's dominion?
Each time we make a choice, we pay
With courage to behold the restless day,
And count it fair.

— Amelia Earhart

I haven't checked up on everyone for a couple of weeks. This is not what I expected to see. Life is short, & full of adventures!

May God be with him & his family.

This man is an inspiration for everyone. He will be missed, but I'm sure there are great memories. My condolences and God bless him and his family.

A very touching and inspirational story

I can't believe I haven't seen his thread until now

RIP