Hmmmm

GT6Steve

Just rolled the 81 out of the garage for a douse. It looks gorgeous after all of my days, months, years of work. So why don't I give a rats ass about buying a battery to drive it. Is this marriage?

Because it will be dead in 2 weeks with the slow drain. Its almost fruitless for C3 owners. Ha.

I bought a gel battery in...? 2005? And I just charge it up whenever I want to drive it.

I dunno MY bat drain is about .02 amps when car sets......

anything else is bullshit....some needless accessory is dragging your ass down.....

So other C3 owners suffer this battery drain? It drove me nuts and I thought a bad alternator was the problem. What's the solution? I'd like to drive the car again without the never ending aggro of click click click....

it could be something simple, or not.i have a killer battery but i keep a battery tender on it just unplug it and go.

One of these.

1014%20Peak%20Battery%20Switch.jpg

Ralphy

Last edited:
OK, just stole the battery out of the XKE so to avoid pushing the Vette back into the garage. Started beautifully as soon as fuel reached the carb and went around the block to remind me how good it actually is. Exhaust is still blowing by on the #1, which is why I parked it, AC still needs charging and the interior panels still need replacing. But, it could probably pass SMOG easily and be reregistered with minimal effort. It is NOT losing it's garage stall next to the Jag:thumbs:

DSC01553.jpg

Very Good!:stirpot:

It's actually a delight to contrast the two. So alike and so different and fun to have the two ancient challengers side by side.

The POS Jeep was doing the battery drain thing - leak and couldn't trace it - just a PITA. So opted for one of these:
12695377af0bdc3dd.jpg

It has a set point to shut itself off - and you can manually shut off when through driving. Works good. Maybe cheaper than buying a new battery every season...

Cheers - Jim

I have had the battery brain on my car for 5 years now, it works great. Has a fob, to connect and disconnect the battery. Battery is 5 years old now and still in good shape