headlights complete

7t9l82

finished my headlight upgrade to hella h4 low beams with 70 watt osham bulbs and 100 watt halogen aircraft landing lights. i highly recommend daniel stern for the relays etc .he provides very helpful service and easy directions. while he says there are better lights than what i got , he says at least i have a fighting chance now. truthfully i don't know how much better it could get. and people who say aircraft lights aren't bright must be running them of ray-o vac flashlight batteries. this was a truly worthwhile modification.

IMG_20140324_195455731.jpg

h4 halogens w 70 watt osham bulbs low beam
100 watt halogen aircraft landing lights. with the Daniel Stern relays , 12 ga wire.

I have just one 150 watt ACLL (300,000 candlepower) and I can see a raccoon a mile away on a midnite county road. I'd love to upgrade the rest of the lights. One day....

One thing I found about the ACLLs: Originally I installed a wider angle one and it made the reflection back from road signs so bright it was very distracting. I changed it to a narrow spot beam which only illuminates the road ahead and it is much better.

Last edited: