Glen, Tim, and Bird Banter thread

Qwik502 hangs out with those guys- he may have a good story or two..All I've seen lately around home is the kit car guys, and most of them don't really get it.

Qwik502 hangs out with those guys- he may have a good story or two..All I've seen lately around home is the kit car guys, and most of them don't really get it.

I was LUCKY enough to get a ride in a REAL 65 Cobra with a FACTORY dual quad 289. NOTHING has come close to that ride. He took me up to over a 100mph then hit the brakes. Damn!!!!! We went around corners with a G force I have never felt again.

These are the memories of a young Neanderthal.:bounce:

I was LUCKY enough to get a ride in a REAL 65 Cobra with a FACTORY dual quad 289. NOTHING has come close to that ride. He took me up to over a 100mph then hit the brakes. Damn!!!!! We went around corners with a G force I have never felt again.

These are the memories of a young Neanderthal.:bounce:

Here is a very rare "real" Cobra...met the owner..Hank.....he was offered $1 mil...turned it down...full race chasis,289...etc..

Carshow004.jpg

Carshow003.jpg

Hanks1963Cobra.jpg

Friends aluminum body replica...very fast though...

Scattered his first motor...now has this:
Genesis iron 427 block at 4.25 bore, Scat crank at 4.125 stroke and some custom pistons .... 10.5:1 and 462 Cubic Inches.New Edelbrock intake and heads.
.... in the 500-550 range on HP and TQ.

Cobra002.jpg

Cobra001.jpg

Rich

Last edited:
smiley-fart--yellow-2.gif

Ok, which is a better looking Vehicle; a C2 or a C3????:push:

Even primer black with Cat prints on it???:stirpot::stirpot:

C1 Fuel Injection in 1962 is WAY better looking than ANY C2-C3. I'd cut off BOTH my testes for one. And that probably still wouldn't be enough to get it.

chevrolet-corvette-1962b.jpg

Last edited:
They are all 6 figures now Dep.

I know. My nads simply aren't worth that much. I saw one for $30,000, but it was in BAD shape. Actually, I could probably build from scratch/repo parts for LESS money than what original cost. Now THERE would be an interesting project!!! A 1962 Vette KIT CAR!!!

MY first vette was a '60, in '66 used obviously, and so I"m very partial to the olde tyme classic design as opposed to the 1/2 step to the C2 mid years....

but IF I had my '60, in all honesty, it would be totally modded and so unliked by most all the vette community....as in modern headlights, etc....but my exact thoughts are not well defined as it's a project to never bee....

As for the olde tyme mechanical injection...I remember them being in the basement of an old psycho friend of mine, (literally as in he turned out to be a mass murderer, serious as heart attack) he had some ~6 of them sitting around all torn off for dual/single carbs....for sale for less then 75 bux each....

HAD I KNOWN...course I could have done better YET with MSFT too...

even though Dad was in the business I hated insurance companies for the totally bankrupting continuing money drain while trying to get jack shit established....

which goes back to why I really don't like country living....too much GAS and time eaten up to go/do anything....5-15 miles ONE WAY to the gas station, food store, or beer store is just stupid....forgetaboutit.....

With a trip to Texas in '70 and Texas NOT REQUIRING and liability insurance in those daze, it was a godsend.....no insurance premiums and 2 bit gas helped a LOT, I kept my Texas tags and license for years up in Maryland...they never knew anything....that and moving into a apartment next door to the most stable job I ever had worked miracles for finances...

MY first vette was a '60, in '66 used obviously, and so I"m very partial to the olde tyme classic design as opposed to the 1/2 step to the C2 mid years....

but IF I had my '60, in all honesty, it would be totally modded and so unliked by most all the vette community....as in modern headlights, etc....but my exact thoughts are not well defined as it's a project to never bee....

As for the olde tyme mechanical injection...I remember them being in the basement of an old psycho friend of mine, (literally as in he turned out to be a mass murderer, serious as heart attack) he had some ~6 of them sitting around all torn off for dual/single carbs....for sale for less then 75 bux each....

HAD I KNOWN...course I could have done better YET with MSFT too...

even though Dad was in the business I hated insurance companies for the totally bankrupting continuing money drain while trying to get jack shit established....

which goes back to why I really don't like country living....too much GAS and time eaten up to go/do anything....5-15 miles ONE WAY to the gas station, food store, or beer store is just stupid....forgetaboutit.....

With a trip to Texas in '70 and Texas NOT REQUIRING and liability insurance in those daze, it was a godsend.....no insurance premiums and 2 bit gas helped a LOT, I kept my Texas tags and license for years up in Maryland...they never knew anything....that and moving into a apartment next door to the most stable job I ever had worked miracles for finances...

I've bought two Vettes. The 64 and a 76 4 speed car. Prefered the 64 for one major reason--interior room. :smash:

I've bought two Vettes. The 64 and a 76 4 speed car. Prefered the 64 for one major reason--interior room. :smash:

ONE of the long list of reasons I sold my '87 and bought this '72, the '72 was a nice step UP....sad to say....

but truth is truth, and no denying it....

:mime::bounce: