Finally put new headers on my car.

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
After a very long time and many inquiries about various headers fit, specifically ground clearance on my LOW '81, out of necessity I bought these headers. They're a mid length ceramic coated header. I put them in tonight and although the installation is not complete, the headers are fully bolted in. So here's my review so far.
The good: They do fit really well and clear almost everything with ease. If you have a stick, like mine, the Z-bar does hit one of the primaries. But this would be no problem at all with an automatic.
Ground clearance is excellent. These dump above oil pan level and the collector is angled back at about 60 degrees so getting pipes tucked up tight will be pretty easy.
The bad: Aside from the aforementioned Z-bar issue, the only concern I can really see is the flanges are not particularly thick. I'm thinking 1/4" on the block and 1/4", at best, on the collector. The only other thing that might be a concern for some of you is that they're just a 2.5" collector. That's probably plenty big enough for anything under 400hp, but if you're making more than that, you may want larger exhaust.
I know many of you would prefer a full length but since I can't seem to get information on clearance, these are a pretty good if you're worried about low pipes.

The link says they do not fit 168 tooth flywheels though and aren't most vettes equipped with that?

Seems like after-market starters are a issue as well as angle plug heads. Nice deal though and congrats on making them fit.

haha guess they left out us poor folk in california that we can't use them.

Will not fit angle plug heads.
Shorter design for maximum ground clearance on cars lowered up to 4
Does not fit with kickout aftermarket starters.
Will not fit 168 tooth flywheels.
Fits stock or 605 steering boxes, aftermarket side engine mounts and rear trans cross member. (Passenger Car/Wagon/Nomad Only)
Check motor mount position before Ordering. (Passenger Car/Wagon/Nomad Only)
Will not fit if engine is located more than 3/4'' forward for HEI firewall clearance. Fits with Total Cost Involved engine mount kit PN 725-7005-80. (Passenger Car/Wagon/Nomad Only)

Not sure about the issue with the flywheel. I have plenty of clearance around the flywheel and starter. Only issue is just a little re-routing of the wiring to keep them off the pipes. Then, of course, the point about the Z-bar. Aside from that, the fit is great.
If they were thicker flanges (and I assume thicker pipes), they would pretty much be a perfect fit on C3s.