Big Brother

Gene- YOU have PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE????
You might want to read this-But first put on some diapers- because your gonna ---- all over yourself....
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/peterlewis.asp

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

He can feel warm and fuzzy that his auto premiums elected are going to help reelect President Obama.

:D I"m painfully aware of that, and hate that asspect of it, but there simply is NO other company coming close to matching their rates with the 30% discount....NONE, and believe me I have tried, try every damn year, have to shop insurance, it's a royal PIA, and about the only negative for living in Florida, I cry a river over losing Erie Ins. Co. from when in Maryland....

:crutches:

SDMs have been spying on you since the 90"s. Most new cars have them already. Some states require a disclosure from the maker, might be in the owners manual if your car has one.

:D I"m painfully aware of that, and hate that asspect of it, but there simply is NO other company coming close to matching their rates with the 30% discount....NONE, and believe me I have tried, try every damn year, have to shop insurance, it's a royal PIA, and about the only negative for living in Florida, I cry a river over losing Erie Ins. Co. from when in Maryland....

:crutches:

In other words, you sold out to "the man."

Here some other"Big Brother" threat, CISPA :
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sllDt-jlUvs[/ame]
And it's coming on Monday.
After that, watch what you say online, as you could be ratted out in no time, without any legal ground.

Last edited:
:clap::bomb: I not surprised at all by any of this shit, really......I used to be in the insurance business back in the mid/late 60's......back then there was this little known medical insurance company supported outfit, known as the 'Medical Information Bureau'....MIB for short, that was the clearing house for ALL the medical information of the medical insurance companies....in other words, you had cancer, it was known by all the insurance companies, and shared information.....sometimes it even went to potential employers.....

that is a little tidbit of in house knowledge....mid/late 60's.....think it's a tad easier with today's super Cray computers??

think for an instant our driver's records are not essentially public information??

think your financial shit is not tracked? every check we used to write was photocopied by the Fed Reserve for decades, as part of the clearing process between banks.....that's been going on since the 1930's already....

Should have seen the 2 3/4 ton VANS FULL of old financial records I tossed from my folk's house 20 years ago.....and I mean stacked and packed, every envelope full of cancelled checks from 1923 something when they married till the day Mom went to the hospital/nursing home....on TWO occations, the IRS went after Dad for more money.....each time he in fact tossed them for a loss, claimed more deductions than first time around....they never bothered him again.....:bounce::bump: that whole pile of papers went in the wind at the dump site......useless information......

:amazed::crap:

Lets see if I understand this correctly. A bunch of lawyer congressmen financed by big insurance companies have passed a law that helps who????:cussing:

These blackboxes exists allready in commercial trucking.

I know that when in an accident, the first thing the insurance companies involved or companies who own the truck will rip off the truck's computer.

The data is then analysed, speed, time, how fast the truck is governed and who did the settings and at what time they "adjusted" those settings etc.

Also the drivers log book where every hour of the day 7 days a week, on duty or not must be logged must match whatever's on that computer.

If that computer has been tampered with in any ways, huge fines!!!

Rights of privacy doesnt exist anymore in trucking.

These blackboxes exists allready in commercial trucking.

I know that when in an accident, the first thing the insurance companies involved or companies who own the truck will rip off the truck's computer.

The data is then analysed, speed, time, how fast the truck is governed and who did the settings and at what time they "adjusted" those settings etc.

Also the drivers log book where every hour of the day 7 days a week, on duty or not must be logged must match whatever's on that computer.

If that computer has been tampered with in any ways, huge fines!!!

Rights of privacy doesnt exist anymore in trucking.

I have heard stories over the years from men in the industry, drivers, that it was quite common to keep two sets of log books, what don't make sense to ME is how they can do that, and make either one look ok....so one is a lie, the other is the truth, ?? something like that, something about hours on the road per 24 hour cycle, and so if the truck is in say San Fran one day, it can't get to Dallas in 24 hours, so how in hell ?? :gurney:

The son of a friend has a odd trucking job, driving loads full of fancy Gucci type purses from some Florida port, I think it's south of Jax....and going to Los Angeles, once a week....turn around come back light weight, do the same trip the following week, 53' of ladies handbags.....I would never guess they ever sold THAT many....

Last edited:
I have heard stories over the years from men in the industry, drivers, that it was quite common to keep two sets of log books, what don't make sense to ME is how they can do that, and make either one look ok....so one is a lie, the other is the truth, ?? something like that, something about hours on the road per 24 hour cycle, and so if the truck is in say San Fran one day, it can't get to Dallas in 24 hours, so how in hell ?? :gurney:

The son of a friend has a odd trucking job, driving loads full of fancy Gucci type purses from some Florida port, I think it's south of Jax....and going to Los Angeles, once a week....turn around come back light weight, do the same trip the following week, 53' of ladies handbags.....I would never guess they ever sold THAT many....

It used to be easy to fudge the log books, when pulled by a trooper, all they checked is what was in the log that was presented.

Hell I used to pick up a load of tomatoes in Manteca Ca, and deliver them in Montreal 3 days later.
That was 1000 miles a day.

All you had to write was that you had a "day off" the day before and picked up te tomatoes a day earlier.
A new log book costed 1 buck in truckstops, and start over again with a brand new workweek everytime.

Today, it's not so easy, DOT will come for an audit into any trucking companies (yes even Canadian companies) who are obligated by law to show any move from the trucks.

I've seen DOT emit tickets during an audit at the trucking companies, if they find discrepencies , using any recorded time of the year.

Ex, they will look for cell phone bills from drivers and will try to match the location of the calls with the location of the truck registered in the drivers log that day.
they will also use any tolls bills, etc, I've even seen tickets beeing issued because mr trooper found a McDonalds lunch bill the driver had the day before from a certain location and it didnt match with what he wrote in the log book.

Last edited:
Sounds like a bunch of damn hairASSment over nothing....bastards....

:bullshit::hunter::club:

If there hadn't been such an epidemic of truck drivers doing really stupid things, such regulations wouldn't have been necessary. It doesn't take too many drivers without enough sleep passing out and running over a bunch of cars before the authorities take notice and start intervening.

There are a lot of very professional truck drivers out there. There are also a lot of them who shouldn't be behind the wheel of a Volkswagen Beetle, much less a loaded Freightliner.

Last edited:
If there hadn't been such an epidemic of truck drivers doing really stupid things, such regulations wouldn't have been necessary. It doesn't take too many drivers without enough sleep passing out and running over a bunch of cars before the authorities take notice and start intervening.

There are a lot of very professional truck drivers out there. There are also a lot of them who shouldn't be behind the wheel of a Volkswagen Beetle, much less a loaded Freightliner.

I fully agree with you. Sam

Before deregulation, in the 80's most OTR drivers were union and like it or not, this kept salaries in place.
deregulation came in the 80's and anybody could get a permit and launch a trucking company.

Since there was an economic boom and those "new and dynamic entrepreneurs" came and got rid of unions and then slashed salaries so they could "competewith eachother" get more customer like GM who only asked for price war like this for example.
Also they could push drivers much more.

Drivers who were in place saw theyre salaries cut and had to work more and more for the same pay, well they got out of it.

Soon came the time when they ran out of experience drivers, then anybody who could breathe, could get a trucking job.

this is where the cowboys came into play and the situation you talked about came.

More and more laws were created and now..... this is where we are.

Big brother all over us.

this is one of the reasons I got out of this BS after 35 years of trucking.

The government is broke and looking for any excuse to get you to pay. They are desperate for money and are looking at small businesses and individuals to make up the deficit. Big corporations are too well protected to tackle so they go after soft targets like you and me. More regulations with licensing fees, fines and penalties equals revenue. It doesn't matter that they are crippling the middle class, money rules their thinking. Soon there will be no more small businesses in America, you will either work for a big corporation or go on welfare.