Best supercar replicas

rtj

Saw this earlier, kind of interesting. I think Superformance does a 65 coupe too (just more $ than ffr).

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kSuWakWTNkQ[/ame]

No mention of Grandsports.

i saw one of these daytona coupes in person a couple of years ago it had by blood pumping for sure.

in my eyes that is one of the most beautiful cars ever. I did a Tech inspection on one years ago and felt both honored and foolish be asked to approve it for our vintage race LOL

I thought it was a neat video, and most of those I hadn't been aware of before.

I keep looking at kit cars, but currently have three project cars now in various states of repair.......

I wasn't familiar with most of those but I have seen a couple GT40 replicas. Very nice. I want one!

I could do a kit car.....think about it, it would be freaking Christmas morning each time you went to the garage.....all new parts.....no stripped threads, no cleaning parts.....no sanding....it would be heaven

i am thinking of down sizing which means a smaller house....but not a smaller garage, maybe this will be the first project in the new garage, a daytona coupe with an LS 1 in it....and air conditioning

maybe this will be the first project in the new garage, a daytona coupe with an LS 1 in it....and air conditioning

I see a lot of kits for sale discounted on the FFR forum. Sometimes the factory dumps kits below cost.

maybe this will be the first project in the new garage, a daytona coupe with an LS 1 in it....and air conditioning

I see a lot of kits for sale discounted on the FFR forum. Sometimes the factory dumps kits below cost.

I will have to join that forum....
If i sell the MGA coupe I have the kit cost covered, along with some of the rest of it......and only will be missing engine/transmission/rear end, wheels/tires, and paint. i bet i can do the rest for 12 to 15k maybe even less

https://www.factoryfive.com/type-65-coupe/

fellas i must admit i have been having unpure thoughts about selling the MGA coupe to build a daytona coupe.....the sale would cover at least 75% of the build

I want to downsize the house in the fall buy a new house build a new garage add a two post lift to lift to it and a daytona coupe could be its first project....all clean and new no dust or dirt....unpure thoughts are running through my head

Do it Bob! I'm sure I speak for all of us in that we would love to watch your progress. :)

Do it Bob! I'm sure I speak for all of us in that we would love to watch your progress. :)

lots of unpure thoughts....new garage....two post unsymmetrical lift....blue Daytona coupe frame sitting on it....
me in my clean clothes working on it

Just a suggestion to anyone thinking about an Factory Five build, there is a 2 or 3 day build school in MI. It's not that expensive and I think you get a coupon.

I was thinking of going, but haven't yet. Too many other projects.

I might go next winter. But, have been telling myself that for a few years.

https://www.factoryfive.com/build-school/

Figured I would get a good idea if I actually wanted one. Find out first hand what the level of quality is for your investment. $800 but you get a $250 coupon on future purchase. Add $700 for hotel and meals and it's cheaper than a cruise. It's fairly close so travel $ are minimal for me.

My guess is you would have to go and just roll with the punches, as you don't know who is on your "team."

after 38 years of work I figure I can work with just about anybody for several days....that would be fun, maybe do it with my sons if they could get off work.

it would cost me 6x the amount since I would have to send the Mrs and daughters somewhere too..

yikes its cheaper just to buy it

Last edited:
Here's a nicely done build video. Only 7 minutes. I know it's not a 65, but concept is close.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1h_MrfnPNkM[/ame]

I don't think I'll ever get one, because I have way too many projects already.