BBC Water Pump By-Pass Hose

I know this is old, but I have a question. Would it be a problem to run the bypass hose from the bypass hole in the water pump to a different hole in the intake? Say the heater hole to the left of the typical bypass hole in the intake. I am using AN fittings on everything and that short hose is a problem. It's a 70 ls6 454
loaded question. I've been playing with this ever since I put an electric water pump on my car. The biggest problem (and this from an issue I had with an FJ40 with a 350) is if there is a valve in the heater circuit. If that valve is closed, you'll get air pockets trapped under the thermostat (which means, at best, a late opening thermostat). There is a solution, many heater circuits have a bypass type valve (meaning, if the heater circuit is closed, water goes back to the other end of the heater circuit). I've used that on my FJ40 and it works pretty well. I'm trying something similar here with my Corvette but I'm a week from really give it a full warm up and seeing what happens....

I know this is old, but I have a question. Would it be a problem to run the bypass hose from the bypass hole in the water pump to a different hole in the intake? Say the heater hole to the left of the typical bypass hole in the intake. I am using AN fittings on everything and that short hose is a problem. It's a 70 ls6 454
I think they are both in the intake crossover port, correct? So, there isn't any difference.

You could use a bypass valve from a 90's Chevy truck.

1709146134982.png

Oh - great, just one more thing to pay attention to.
SBC. Electric Water Pump, no HVAC.
Oh well, first things first - for now, some more bookmarks to review later.

Cheers - JIm

there are 3 holes in the intake for a heater hose. Can the bi pass hose go to the other 2, or does it have to be in the center hole directly under the thermostat?

there are 3 holes in the intake for a heater hose. Can the bi pass hose go to the other 2, or does it have to be in the center hole directly under the thermostat?
The hole to the left (3/4npt) of the thermostat and the hole directly in front of the thermostat (3/4npt) are both open to the bottom of the thermostat. The hole in between is a 1/8"npt is for the temperature sender. On a BBC

1709228121002.png

So my understanding is, if the hose connection is in the valley that is part of the area below the thermostat than that will work. If so great, with a hose a little longer I can use a AN fitting.