Backyard Shop ......... UPDATE

Thank You All for the nice comments ...... I live on a mile long dead end gravel / dirt road. There are 3 of us and we're all at the very end of the road. Nobody else between us and the highway ...... so ... yes ... there's plenty of room next door. :hi:

But if you move here ... Gene ... you better learn to behave. :club: :hunter: :lol:

Thank You All for the nice comments ...... I live on a mile long dead end gravel / dirt road. There are 3 of us and we're all at the very end of the road. Nobody else between us and the highway ...... so ... yes ... there's plenty of room next door. :hi:

But if you move here ... Gene ... you better learn to behave. :club: :hunter: :lol:

ANYONE that has ever met me knows,......it's CAVEMAN behavior.....

at best......

:twitch::push::thumbs:

I had that twenty years ago when we built the place. Now I'm an island in a sea of tract homes, all underwater! I will never recover my beautiful pristine desert. Guard your treasure!:hissyfit:

We've gotten a little further on my son's Miata, but no further on getting the booth completed. :smash:
Got to paint the bumpers, wheels, and spoiler next.

9-25-11-front.jpg

9-25-11-rear.jpg

securedownload-1.gif
securedownload-1.gif
securedownload-1.gif

That Miata looks good.... whats the plan on suspension and wheels ????

No plan at the moment. The deal was ... I bought the car (it was wrecked).
Any money spent on it after that was to come out of my son's pocket.
He worked this past summer at the shop prepping cars and bought all the
needed parts to get the car back on the road. I helped install a used quarter
section and my son did most all the bondo work himself.

I did break down and helped with some of the materials and surprised him with
a rear "R type" spoiler. Any up grades from here on will have to wait till next
summer when he can work and make some more money.

The wheels are stock but we did repaint them to resemble some aftermarkets
we've seen. It's amazing what just a little color will do to completely change
a vehicle without spending a ton of money. That's why we went with the
basic black and basic white comb. Cheap to get and easy to fix.

Wife's Miata needs a good coat of RED and it needs more than I can do.....

nothing fancy, no rust, a few dings, nothing major....

except the left front fender I tried my best on....it sux like the rest of my 'body work/painting'.....

I have a gallon of paint....that's it....

:hissyfit:

Any up grades from here on will have to wait till next
summer when he can work and make some more money.

i had 16" rims on my Miata, 9" wide with 215-40 tires, it was like the car was on rails... if you want to get nice wheels consider that combo :thumbs:

the stock suspension is pretty good but if it's old and worn then Eibach/Bilstein is a good choice