97 Tahoe - Wipers Have a Mind of Their Own

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
My wipers have gone nuts. They will switch speeds, stop mid wipe, continue wiping after being turned off, etc.

These are the intermittent wipers om the turn signal stalk like a billion other GM cars. The motor works, I think the switch works. I'm guessing this has a pulse board, maybe not.

Rock auto....roughly 1/2 the Oreilly prices....;)

O'Reilly...just down the street so you can get things fixed without waiting for shipping. ;)

Plus, they're HQed in my town. Spend money with them and it helps my local economy! :thumbs:

I have an O'reilly just a mile away, don't even have to get on the commercial highway, burb streets all the way....so I tend to live there, all the clerks know my name......but for any jobs that don't require immediate attention....it's Rock auto.....

First guess when electronic controls go insane: bad electrolytic caps somewhere in the circuitry. Second guess: an IC went bad.

Pulse module: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/s...ar=1997&make=Chevrolet&model=Tahoe&vi=1061367

Was looking at pictures of the pulse board and I don't see any electrolytic capacitors on the board.

What I did find is that the connector solder joints seem to be a very common failure. Guess I'll try re-soldering or replace the board and see if that cures it.

First guess when electronic controls go insane: bad electrolytic caps somewhere in the circuitry. Second guess: an IC went bad.

Pulse module: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/s...ar=1997&make=Chevrolet&model=Tahoe&vi=1061367

Was looking at pictures of the pulse board and I don't see any electrolytic capacitors on the board.

What I did find is that the connector solder joints seem to be a very common failure. Guess I'll try re-soldering or replace the board and see if that cures it.

STILL an issue?? on them solder joints?? after all these years.....I guess the road vibration does it's job.....over the decades I guess I have soldered dozens of them ....:lol:

I re-soldered the connector and it works like new now.

Solder joints really didn't look bad. Also, re-greased the gear while I was in there.

I re-soldered the connector and it works like new now.

Solder joints really didn't look bad. Also, re-greased the gear while I was in there.

:banghead::crylol::drink: NANNER< NANNER NANNER.....WE WIN, they looooooose.......

:drink: