When electronics= mechanics....and.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
:banghead:

Even I don't believe what I just been through, and I lived it....so I make it really short....this saga been going on for months....

short form 200 4r no lockup, not manual, not computer (MAP L98 setup), nothing, always no lockup....

tried, solenoid, no go, tried clicking it manually with rear in air, engine running or just ignition on and still....clicked like mad every time, pulled the TC and replaced it AND the stupid O ringy doo on the end of the shaft....

no go, worked fine for about 2-3 days...no lockup, found the fucking brake switch that dropped the 12 volts of the + side to the solenoid was not not there, sometimes, the ~5 y/o brake light switch failed on the secondary control side....put in a relay to open circuit to tranny lockup when light were lit in rear....thought THAT fixed it......proved that one up in the air, DVM all hooked up and shit....dash apart, shit everywhere, put all the shit back together, and think it's fine.....

go to my welder buddy's place to help him build a major BBQ on his back deck, car is STILL not locking up with the computer, just with manual/electrical control.....

at this point I seriously wondering WTF land I live in.....think it must be Californica, NO other logic comes to mind.....:hissyfit:

I just sat there for a couple daze thinking....and driving with the antiquated computer scanner, noting that Vehicle speed is VERY erratic like the damn wiring is bad from the sender to the computer.....

I go nuckin futz with the DVM and found a bad connection, open coil in the damn aftermarket sending unit....ok so open coil/heat/vibration/intermittent operation computer going NUTZ end of story....new sender is up from 80 bux back in '97 to about 135 on ebay today, it's a aftermarket thingy 4 pulses per rev of the cable....I setting here the last few daze with the ass end in the air, and running speed checks.....fix the coil connection, not once but 3X, seal with RTV, and sometimes it works....put the SOB back together TWICE....and on the road, it fucks UP, yet again......

NOW 2 daze ago I gut up and am ROCKET PISSED, I tear that fucker apart yet again and this time focus in on the mechanical side of things....

so it seems that a piece of nylon holding the rotating magnet was broken in the middle, allowing the magnet to turn or not, depending on the will of the wisp......so some JB WELD cured that fucker over night, and yesterday AM I assembled the car for what BETTER be a LONG TIME.....

and today, it's fine.....

Freeking failures/RANTS, I will FIND YOUR ASS, I have never let any God DAMNED piece of machinery beat me YET you lousey POS.....:hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit::gurney::banghead:

sorry for the rant, longer than I thought, just pissed....

Sheesh Gene...you are like a dog after a bone! Glad you were able to find the problem and geter done; and not too soon with the heat and humidity we are having.

Sheesh Gene...you are like a dog after a bone! Glad you were able to find the problem and geter done; and not too soon with the heat and humidity we are having.

Yeh, I sweated my nutx out there a few times, but not so awful evil, house/garage faces west to to get out there in the morning breeze and it gets tough about 2-3pm depending....not so awful evil....house and wife have been a blessing here, money/business/work maybe not so much, but I have the vette FINALLY fixed and the other projects under 'control'...so to speak.....

:shocking::devil: