Why I like AutoZone......

MYBAD79

Driving my Mustang today..... Noticed my interior fan was running slow, noticed radio turned off...... Then noticed voltmeter at "zero" and batt light on...... Standing at a light..... Thinking "oh shit this is not good...."

Light finally tuned green, I make it thru the intersection, right after the intersection is a "Zone"...... I pull into the parking lot, go inside and ask the guy to check my battery and alternator.... Turns out the alternator died at a young age of 225000 miles..... RIP...... They had a alternator in stock and they let me use their tools to install it - which took about ten minutes......

So then the guy says I should charge the battery first and not run with a totally dead battery and possibly overload the new alternator.... Now how much of that is bullshit ???

Anyways, he says it takes 30 min to charge my battery on their "quick charger" ..... I said "well, just give me a new battery, there's still six weeks warranty left on this one"..... No problem, got a new and freshly charged battery, no further bullshit and was on my way..... Lol.....

Similar story, while on the way to the Zone several years ago, my voltage regulator on my old F-150 decided to take a crap and catch fire while waiting at a light. Really just smoldering and smoking at the light, but I was able to get to the Zone, my buddy ran in to get a fire extinguisher while I pulled off the battery cables. I wasn't going there to get anything for the truck at the time, but they had what I needed for the other project and I was able to fix my truck there too.

same here, driving past the zone in my 88 Lingenfelter trans am , alternator jumps ship. with only a pair of 426 channel locks i swapped it out right there. they thought the car was cool and charged up the battery for me. like you 10 min job, charging took longer.