Where Can I Get 3/4" Cup Seals?

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
I am working on something (not car related) and I need to find 3/4" cup seals like are used in master cylinders. I could get a rebuild kit if I knew an old car that had 3/4 inch seals. Mcmaster sells these but nothing below 1 1/2"

WAG-FD951.jpg

rtj

McMaster shows them going down to .375” (rod and piston cup seals). Maybe the wrong styles, I don’t know. Google shows lots of potential companies.

Good luck.

Last edited:

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
The NAPA website shows a lot of rear wheel cylinders, selectable by diameter (including 3/4"). They also appear to have rebuild kits. I didn't spend much time on the site to see how easily it is to connect the wheel cylinder to the appropriate rebuild kit containing the cups.

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
Found a rebuild kit for an old Harley master cylinder that looks like it would work. It's weird, most of what I have found are what I would call lip seals (not cup seals).

I'm making low drag, single acting pneumatic cylinder. Next I need to find 3/4" tubing to use with this.

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
Found a rebuild kit for an old Harley master cylinder that looks like it would work. It's weird, most of what I have found are what I would call lip seals (not cup seals).

I'm making low drag, single acting pneumatic cylinder. Next I need to find 3/4" tubing to use with this.

Well, ya got my curiosity going on here.

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member

Well, ya got my curiosity going on here.

I am trying to make a 3/4" air cylinder that "fires" at 150ft/sec (100 mph). Everybody tells me it's not possible and I can see their point. Most people tell me to build a rail gun:lol: