Where Can I Get 3/4" Cup Seals?

BBShark

Garage Monkey
Staff member
I am working on something (not car related) and I need to find 3/4" cup seals like are used in master cylinders. I could get a rebuild kit if I knew an old car that had 3/4 inch seals. Mcmaster sells these but nothing below 1 1/2"

WAG-FD951.jpg

McMaster shows them going down to .375" (rod and piston cup seals). Maybe the wrong styles, I don't know. Google shows lots of potential companies.

Good luck.

Last edited:
The NAPA website shows a lot of rear wheel cylinders, selectable by diameter (including 3/4"). They also appear to have rebuild kits. I didn't spend much time on the site to see how easily it is to connect the wheel cylinder to the appropriate rebuild kit containing the cups.

Found a rebuild kit for an old Harley master cylinder that looks like it would work. It's weird, most of what I have found are what I would call lip seals (not cup seals).

I'm making low drag, single acting pneumatic cylinder. Next I need to find 3/4" tubing to use with this.

Found a rebuild kit for an old Harley master cylinder that looks like it would work. It's weird, most of what I have found are what I would call lip seals (not cup seals).

I'm making low drag, single acting pneumatic cylinder. Next I need to find 3/4" tubing to use with this.

Well, ya got my curiosity going on here.

Well, ya got my curiosity going on here.

I am trying to make a 3/4" air cylinder that "fires" at 150ft/sec (100 mph). Everybody tells me it's not possible and I can see their point. Most people tell me to build a rail gun:lol: