What is it??

Rod75

We attended a local car show last Sunday. And this yellow 'whatsit' rolls in late right past me.
I bet the look on my face was as priceless as the crowd around me. The guy right next to me looked at me as though someone just handed him a surprise.
I knew what it was before the guy parked it.
Funny thing is, no one but me moved in for a better look and a few pics.
So has anyone seen this concoction before?

13324e81420feba57.jpg

13324e813aa86eaf7.jpg

13324e813aa8222bf.jpg

13324e813aa8859d1.jpg

Fairly well done. I mean the work is excellent and the blending of the two styles isn't bad, but not something I'd go with. However, I do wish I could put that level of quality into what I am planning.

Didn't read the linked post above, so I never saw this one before.
Yep, it's the C3-C6 by SpeedVette. Interesting concept.
I like the creativity, and the way it flows. I say it's good for the economy to generate new ideas to market place.
I never thought I'd see C3 forward conversions come out.
Anyway, this was the only 'new/different' thing I saw at the show. Thought I'd share it.

Looks like the kit fits pretty good, I was wondering what needs to be done to get the wheels to fit, my guess is there is a thick spacer in the rear to fill the Z06 panels ... the 19x12 rim has too much backspacing to fit without a spacer

Looks like the kit fits pretty good, I was wondering what needs to be done to get the wheels to fit, my guess is there is a thick spacer in the rear to fill the Z06 panels ... the 19x12 rim has too much backspacing to fit without a spacer

Maybe it is just me, but the hood fitment is off in the front.

Maybe it is just me, but the hood fitment is off in the front.

I agree, and the back edge of hood sticking up was the first thing that caught my eye. I don't think a hood-stop adjust would do it.

I may hurt some, but I personally think the late C3 redesign is an offense to the spirit of the early ones.
It may represent a lot of hard work, but this custom is just like if the designer team at GM had the opportunity to screw not just the rear window but the whole car.
The C3s were designed after a fucking shark, a cold blooded slick killing machine.
Sorry but all I see here is a beluga.
Give me a C6 engine/chassis/drivetrain with a C3 body and a C2 dash/interior then we'll talk about custom vettes.

I'm glad that there are so many different personal preferences and flavors..... otherwise all our cars would look the same :lol:

I may hurt some, but I personally think the late C3 redesign is an offense to the spirit of the early ones.
It may represent a lot of hard work, but this custom is just like if the designer team at GM had the opportunity to screw not just the rear window but the whole car.
The C3s were designed after a fucking shark, a cold blooded slick killing machine.
Sorry but all I see here is a beluga.
Give me a C6 engine/chassis/drivetrain with a C3 body and a C2 dash/interior then we'll talk about custom vettes.

Would have LOVED to get a LS engine into my car, but not long as this one hangs in there....

:hissyfit::crylol: