Times are Changing

The vette is responsible for the existence of the Viper, the Viper responsible for the Z06 and the Z06, responsible for the current '08 Viper. The two put pressure on one another to become better. If the Viper is discontinued, the vette will become complacent and will not be improved much. I would like to see the vette's appearance improved. I would also like to see them built with higher quality and the paint is a good place to start.

I agree, not that it makes any differance to me personally, but the paints on modern cars across the board plain SUCK, as IMO too much with the damn clearcoats, and as you/any Florida resident notes, that damn SUN just eats these finishes alive...you got a ten year old anything and if it's outside much, it's got more burn than a Lauderdale buddy collection....

:bump:

There, fixed it, and this time there ain't no coming back, not that they ever DID anyway....

and I gotta be sad for Ford too, the new retro MUSTANG is a nice car, I really like it, not that I can AFFORD it or any of the new stuff these daze, but the one thing I would LIKE to see is a reissue of the COBRA in full production, but I know it's not happening for all that PC BS crap the .gov is so famous for....

Can you imagine what even a 4.8/new modular engine in a old COBRA chassis would do on a road course??? newer underpinnings?? kill our asses in a road course, that's what....

:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

The Cobra could never exist again simply because of DOT safety regs. That's also what killed the Austin- Healey.

The vette is responsible for the existence of the Viper, the Viper responsible for the Z06 and the Z06, responsible for the current '08 Viper. The two put pressure on one another to become better. If the Viper is discontinued, the vette will become complacent and will not be improved much. I would like to see the vette's appearance improved. I would also like to see them built with higher quality and the paint is a good place to start.

The 'vette IS responsible for the existence of the Viper, the Viper is NOT responsible for the Z06, unless of course there was a '63 Viper. There has usually been a "regular" corvette model and a higher performance one, the C5 Z06 couldn't compete with a Viper without mods so I don't understand how someone could say the Viper is the reason behind the Z06.

Katech is the reason behind the current Z06, after all, they DID design and build the 7.0 liter engine for the C5.R which happened to make it's way into the C6 Z06. I DO agree that the GM and Dodge are competing with each other through these two cars though, but it seems that Dodge needs two extra cylinders to keep up with GM, just like Ford needs a supercharger.:stirpot:

I hope that neither become extinct, the Viper is a truly awesome car and for a 100k it had better be, the Z06 is good bang for the buck but, as has been stated, is lacking as far as paint and interior go. It's like I told a friend the other day when he asked for a ride home after work, he asked where the trunk was and was astounded at the fact that there wasn't one. I told him that the 'vette is a purpose built car, it was made to look good and go fast, if you need a trunk buy something else.:D

It's like I told a friend the other day when he asked for a ride home after work, he asked where the trunk was and was astounded at the fact that there wasn't one. I told him that the 'vette is a purpose built car, it was made to look good and go fast, if you need a trunk buy something else.:D
:smash::smash::twitch:

I have my wife well enough trained to pack maybe two duffles, and I have ONE for a weekender it's fun that a way....no pajamas....

;):goodevil::quote: