The wipers vacuum solenoid will only pass vacuum when turned on, while it shouldnt!

Hamad

I have a strange problem once I assembled my interior back together, when I start the car, the wipers door will open, and when I traced the problem, I have found that the solenoid will pass vacuum when on, and will block when off, while it be the other way around, I tried to flip the connector and it still do the same. everything else is going fine.

what do you think the cause of that? .. can someone post a pic of that solenoid while connected to vacuum lines and electric connector? .. that would help me a lot to verify my connections.

TIA

Is this for a C3 chrome bumper? Maybe I can check the complete door assy tomorrow, it should still be in 1 piece more or less.

What about the override switch????

I am going off VERY olde memory now....I think that solenoid MAY have another tip on it, that allows the vacuum in the line after it to go to zero, which resets the control vacuum relay and that allows the door to open....

over that extra tip maybe was a foam block acting as a small filter.....

IF you have the hoses on there rong, that will act the way you say.....

and don' ask how I know that....

:surrender:

I have found the problem, it seems the previous owner "bubbafied" the vacuum setup a little bit! .. The hose coming from the T junction was connected to the wrong side of the solenoid, and when I flipped its position, vioala! , the door is working perfectly! .. I still dont know how the door was working fine before I start restoring the car! .. but maybe because the dash wirings were so "bubbafied" and I've even noticed that the wiper door relay under the radio was not connected when I was taking the interior apart.