State of the Art for Pop Up HL Delete 82'

Vettezuki

Ya'll.

I have a winky vette and rather than fix the driver side headlight to popup properly I think I'd like to delete the whole damn HL related system and go with something fixed and a lot brighter if possible. What's the state of the art for this sorta thing?

Considered doing a Flush Mount?
I'd use the template in the Downloads Section:
http://vettemod.com/forum/downloads.php

add a HID/Projector system, maybe some Lexan scratch resistant covers - Voila.
Style points for HALO or LED daylight dots.

If not interested in fixed flush mount - some folks are replacing the vacuum system with electric lifts. Could still do the HIS|D/Projector lamps/LED mod.

Cheers - Jim

My '72 was a custom show car, so nothing except the operating systems was stock, bought in '95, in '98 a damn deer hopped out from in front of a minivan, straight up and into my headights....busted all the aluminum to hell....but buying Eckler's sugar scoops setup I fixed it cheap, had to do some body work and dutch in some gray paint on the burgundy, but it matched the shark on the hood, so I was happy enough.....

Then came VERIZON, who backed into my left front bumper and messed it ALL up but bad, it was really due to ME, and FLORIDA SUN that I gave up on the old show car paint.....

and in the process....decided I HATED the huge open pits in front of the car, even with plexi over them, just looked stupid, same as the stock lights look in the open postion.....SO to build another mounting bracket/frame to hold TWO lower profile Camaro bulbs, now the stock camaro bulbs are glass of course, BUT the filament/light itself is just glued in so buying junkyard lights of course the LO beams were burnt out on one side, no sweat, bought two new lights and glued them into the glass same connectors, work fine....

NOW a daze, there are updated super bright lights much better than the stuff I glued in, but I don't drive a night but very seldom anymore....at least not in the vette......

SO look at my sites below, and you cank get a better concept of my modified sugar scoops, and holes about 1/2 as large front to back.....

to ME, it's a lot sleeker a look.....:shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking: