snake oil? or??

Never been a fan of 'fuel additives'....just never had any confidence in them.They all seem to 'tout' the 'top end' lubricant qualities,though..

A few years ago, when battling water in the gas on the vette here, it turns out the only additive that did jack squat was Techron, it did help for some reason, but never really solved the issues, cleaned the tank, fix some spark wires, and still ran like crap, just not AS crappy....

Freeking ROLLER CAM Worn out...lost it's finish....

smooth as silk now...

:bonkers::tomato:

8 ounces treats 48 gallons and doesn't contain lead.

How do you spell FRADULENT?

If they are really serious they should state what chemical their 8 ounces contains.

Most of the current octane boosters for sale at auto parts stores are toulene. Maybe zylene. Anyhow you'll pay about $6.00 for about 8 ounces. You can buy a gallon of toulene for about $12. Toulene was used in WWII av gas and also it's a major ingredient in Formula I racing fuel. (Unless the F1 rules have altered the fuel makeup since I last read about F1 fuel.)

Anyhow, adding 8 ounces of octane booster bought from your local auto parts store is not going to do anything much. 8 ounces of toulene in 20 gallons of gas is pretty close to just peeing in the ocean.

If you want high octane fuel, you can buy it. I've bought 5 gallon cans of high octane racing fuel. I think it was 116 octane? Can't remember. It was $10 a gallon. I'm going to buy some more soon. One reason is that I can buy racing fuel that is alcohol free. I don't want to put alcohol contaminated fuel in my 68 since I don't drive it that much and the alcohol will eventually destroy my pot metal Holley carb. The 10% ethanol fuel sold today in Calif I believe is harmful to heritage Holley pot metal carbs.

Comment?

you're going to pay 10 bucks a gallon to avoid the evil ethanol.

the mind boggles

Back to the original question on the additive. If you want more ring, clyinder and valve lubrication just run 2 stroke oil in your gas. But again not necessary.

Last edited:
Did anybody click on the links and read the testing that was performed, 1 was by David Vizard, and the other was in Stock car magazine.
I dont know about other states,but here you can buy Ethanol free premium fuel.

Here is another link.
http://www.aces-worldwide.com/

Last edited:
Did anybody click on the links and read the testing that was performed, 1 was by David Vizard, and the other was in Stock car magazine.

Oh yes. And agent orange was tested, and shown safe, as well as IUD's, and a host of other tests.

I can show you products from 1920 touting the same claims, as well as being tested.

Oh yes. And agent orange was tested, and shown safe, as well as IUD's, and a host of other tests.

I can show you products from 1920 touting the same claims, as well as being tested.

OK. we all know about these test and chemicals not being safe. BUT i am questioning this additive called ACES.

you're going to pay 10 bucks a gallon to avoid the evil ethanol.
the mind boggles

Of all the money I've spent on my 68, the money spent on gasoline is "de minimus." I'd guess I've spent about $20,000 on the car and have driven it about 500 miles. I want to go out at anytime, start up the car, and drive it. I'
ve kept it fully insured. When I go for a drive, I don't want to have driveability problems from a corroded carb, flat battery, etc. I keep a battery tender on it at all times. Also an internal heater to keep humidity problems away from the interior. I have some tentative plans to build a garage for it. That's going to be a lot of money. 10 bucks a gallon for gasoline? For the expenses of maintaining my 68, $10 bucks a gallon is in the cost noise floor.

I have difficulties believing that 1 oz per 6 gallons can make a difference, might as well spit in the tank everytime you fill up.... now, that said, I am guilty of buying Slick50, Lucas fuel stabilizer, MarvelMysteryOil and so on.... nothing has destroyed any of my engines but I can't say it made a noticeable difference
:crutches::friends::sweat: