Six Link Rear Suspension

Marck, may you can try to get the drawings from Yves.... I'm very very sorry.... but my old PC is totally dead.

Of course the drawings for the stacked version are a bit different.

The only thing I have is the two DWG files I sent to Yves.... the second because I forgot to put a couple of items in the first drawing.

Can I attach a DWG file?

No need to apologize, we should all be thanking you on our knees for giving up this design for free. :1st:

You should be able to attach a 20K max DXF now. Let me know if it needs to be larger.

TT, I think that the ears for the toe rod need to point down, however I'm completly sure. Anyway that is how I welded it.

I just used a round tube of 165 mm that I had turned for the firs 1,5 cm to the right diameter, works like a charm.

Paolo, i will send you the files.

Marck, if you need them, just pm me your email and i'll send them right over.

Last edited:
Please send them twinturbo @ home.nl

I think I'm missing the brackets for the toe control setup. Also, I still don't know what that piece is in the 1st pic, on the bottom right.

I got this far, I'm stuck LOL

249b7d36b54957.jpg

TT, please note that you may need to massage the trailing arm a bit in the spot where the bearing housings arm goes under it. Mine didn't quit seat completely, so I will have to grind some off.
Furthermore, the brakebracket makes the bolts get so close to the assembly that it gets difficult to turn the bolt. Some grinding there also.

I don't think I will be building this anytime soon, maybe in the future for Xanders car. I still have too much work to do with this:

2480f09ee9559d.jpg

I just got the files that Yves has, they ARE different and contain some more parts and don't contain 2 parts that I still don't know what they are (the unidentified ones in my 1st pic)

Here's how far I got with the toe control stuff, the upper camber struts are still missing. What goes where?

249b8443428361.jpg

A NOTE TO EVERYONE WHO DOWNLOADED THE FILES!!!!

They are NOT the latest revision and they are not complete, it's missing parts of the toe control setup. Will replace the file with the correct one, I will post here when done.

TT the triangles are for welding the whole assembly up in a square position.

The rod shape things are for the plates that mount on the diff and make up for the height difference.

The round tubes with threads are for the upper control arms.

The triangle is just a jigging tool?

Where do those con rod shaped things go then? against the diff lid?

Looks like I'm still missing pieces for the upper rods and the gussets for the lower standoff tubes right?

The smaller end of the rod type thingies are welded to the plate with the smaller end. If you have a spare diff you can test fit it, you will see that there is a height difference that makes the plate sit wrong. I thought that Paolo had a good drawing of them.

The pieces for those upper rods are the round ones with the inner thread. The have a thread on both sides, so you can run a bolt through the plate and into the tube. I'm going to weld some additional reinforcements on them. For the rest the upper rods connect to the top plate with the two things sticking out of them. hmm difficult to discribe it.

What do you mean with the standoff tubes ?
I will try to mock something up tomorrow and take pictures. Maybe it will clear it up.

I know the diff lid has a thicker boss aroudn the upper 2 bolts, is that what you mean?

If so, the little rod thing goes under one of the other 2 bolts??? What about the other one, is it not shimmed?

I'm looking forward to the pics LOL

TT, haven't had the time this weekend, but I found some pictures that Paolo sent me. They will be as helpfull...

suspension1.jpg

Ah, okay....yes the upper 2 bosses on the lid are thicker, like I said. So they go udner the 2 other bolts, but what's the other little end for? Something threaded in there In my model they are nowhere near large enough to span from a bolt hole to one of those standoffs (the tubes for the rods) Also, the triangular gussets on the tubes are not in the cutting template, at least not in mine.

So your guy cut the entire shebang for 160 euros? That's damned cheap, I'll have to se if I can get it done for that amount, I fear it will be more expensive.

The small end is for spot welding it to the plate.

The triangular pieces for reinforcing are indeed not in the drawings. You'll have to make them up.