Sink hole at the Corvette Museum

Now the question is, what are they going to do to insure the surrounding ground is stable? If there is no mesh or rebar, will they have to tear up the existing slab and repour?
Saw it on the news the other day. Just about made me cry.

I think The Vette Barn cruise is not taking place this year.....

:(

They say it will be weeks before the cars can be removed and sent off for repair. How can they know for sure at this point that they won't be deeper in the whole by then.

So how deep did they say that sink hole was? I noticed that there is a C4 nose coming up in my back yard.:search:

They say it will be weeks before the cars can be removed and sent off for repair. How can they know for sure at this point that they won't be deeper in the whole by then.

I just heard the Director of the museum on the radio. He said they are going to pull the cars out and put them on display, as is, before restoring. He said they estimate that the hole will be 60ft deep once they remove all the cars and building materials.

What are they going to do, make a concrete plug that goes in the hole?

I just heard the Director of the museum on the radio. He said they are going to pull the cars out and put them on display, as is, before restoring. He said they estimate that the hole will be 60ft deep once they remove all the cars and building materials.

Or pour a basement... maybe this time they'll use reinforcement in the floor. That said, I can't imagine that the foundations are stable - so perhaps it will be a whole, new building.

I still can't wrap my mind around the odds of that hole happening there.

Or pour a basement... maybe this time they'll use reinforcement in the floor. That said, I can't imagine that the foundations are stable - so perhaps it will be a whole, new building.

I still can't wrap my mind around the odds of that hole happening there.

It is a commie plot headed up by Obama.....:(:chinese::tomato:

Just wondering what this will mean for the race complex/course they're building on the adjacent site. There's over $30mil sunk into that project. Hope they did some analysis!

Cheers - Jim