Saudi Drifters, Graphic!

Ralphy

Click the top bar.

[ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=620_1341213161&comments=1&safe_mode=off"]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=620_1341213161&comments=1&safe_mode=off[/ame]

Ralphy

Last edited:
If this was Russian video cam recording, you'd assume the drivers were stone drunk. Ironically, maybe an even sadder reflection of a society if all these drivers were sober. Don't know all the ends and outs of Saudi criminal/civil justice, but apparently if you negligently kill someone, you can get the death penalty, but there's an out, if you can pay adequate "blood" money to the decedent's family, you're home free.

From what I read, a significant percentage of the Saudi citizenry lives off of government stipends from oil royalties. Almost all manual labor, and a large percentage of desk jobs, etc is performed by legal temporary immigrants. I would guess that there's a large number of young Saudi males with nothing to do and enough money to buy these cars to get into trouble.

I have read where some of these drift drivers have been beheaded.

If this was Russian video cam recording, you'd assume the drivers were stone drunk. Ironically, maybe an even sadder reflection of a society if all these drivers were sober. Don't know all the ends and outs of Saudi criminal/civil justice, but apparently if you negligently kill someone, you can get the death penalty, but there's an out, if you can pay adequate "blood" money to the decedent's family, you're home free.

From what I read, a significant percentage of the Saudi citizenry lives off of government stipends from oil royalties. Almost all manual labor, and a large percentage of desk jobs, etc is performed by legal temporary immigrants. I would guess that there's a large number of young Saudi males with nothing to do and enough money to buy these cars to get into trouble.

I have read where some of these drift drivers have been beheaded.

While the sons/daughters of OUR 'royalty'......Rockefeller, DuPont, Ford, Colgate, Penny, many many many others, get SOME education and control and don't typically get in that shit, at least not on the net and in court and jail terms, much less losing their heads over it.....

summfin about the culture?? ya think???

:clobbered:

No seat belts in Saudi?????

That's only one of the fascinating items that I learned. Also:

Drifting in Saudi Arabia is an audience participation sport

Tires in Saudi Arabia are only loosely attached to the rims and come off when least expected.

People there don't feel any desire to be inside the car when bad things happen.

And it's always best to drift on a breezy day. So you can get plenty of sand between the tire and roadway.

Ralphy