Plastic Fantastic 2

Ouch, that explains the bent tie rod. Must have pounded a curb pretty bad to snap off the mount.

Ouch, that explains the bent tie rod. Must have pounded a curb pretty bad to snap off the mount.
Ironic that the first response was "we told you about that" then the next response a few minutes later was "return accepted" .... lol, no buddy, you thought you informed.... with that said, why someone would pay what he's asking for a thorough broken part is a question for the ages.

what a waste of time and effort, although on balance I suppose i have had good look buying parts from people
and the story continues. the seller sent a shipping label for a envelope (not a 6' tall box).... ebay and I are not amused. the seller has until Monday to make it right or ebay will.

It's time to get ready for practice at Portland international raceway and Optima
by fixing a bent bracket
I think I may have touched a tree with the spoiler... oops
oc7AoI3h.jpg
bracket had to come off (not fun)
HvZsJMrh.jpg
and got a repaint
x6wZnQSh.jpg
the guy I bought the house from owns a shop with water jet - so he's going to cut out brackets for me. I want the spoiler to move back, but Optima requires that the spoiler be no taller then 8" above the highest point of the deck.... so two brackets
whiQbWeh.jpg
measure the highest point with a box top
B4bxzHyh.jpg

so these two bits...
c2uYFHQh.jpg

Reactions: rtj
As an engineer that has access to AutoCAD and SolidWorks, Cardboard Aided Design is still the go to for retrofitting attachments onto equipment. I rarely have fitment issues when I make real templates like you have here. Nice to have a connection with a waterjet too. Looking great!

I guess I didn't update.
We are moving 230 miles east to Kennewick Washington.
to this
5 acres, 60x64 foot shop, house is big enough ;)
4wvyjMoh.jpg

complete with gantry crane
and the answer on how I return with 2 trailers
ifC0rKhh.jpg

and 'how to unstuck the neighbor's forklift
SrRV3IFh.jpg

two fun stories.
1) someone told me that I'd 'cut the grass with that old car' - so I told him I brought my lawnmower
FftcuwKh.jpg

and
2) guy approaches me in a parking lot on my way east, says "what year is it?" I said "I think it's a 2007 but we got it in 2008, pretty sweet lawnmower, isn't it?"

then all he wanted to do was talk about the other thing on the trailer... weird, who doesn't like a good lawnmower?

the house and shop were built by a guy who owns a welding shop in Kennewick. He offered to use his water jet to cut out pieces for me, super nice guy. This shop he built to house his business, eventually it grew so he built a place in town - then his now-ex-wife wanted to move to California. I get the feeling that he was taking the opportunity to move on because he sold and told her good bye. He's build a new barndominium to reflect his new life. The gantry crane is something he builds as part of his business.... lord is it useful.

4x the size of my shop, I would settle for 60x32. Maybe someday. That looks great!

Looks awesome! Lots of room for the projects, I'm sure you'll be in full swing in no time.

now in aluminum
97vZWS5h.jpg

but wait, there's more
grgNNbih.jpg

then load up and go
YsCZzTPh.jpg

to here
WI6QG2Zh.jpg

with a brief stop to see parents - and their Corvette
3nGGkBBh.jpg

Did SCCA Track Night in America at PIR. that was fun, car stayed together and seems ready to run at Optima. Exhaust was quiet enough that I may remove the cones - then if there's a problem, just reinstall them. They kind of kill top end speed... but the rule is this - they give you a warning, then you can fix it, and it's fine, but you have to tell them what you did.... so if the cones aren't there and it's too loud, I'll know that by putting them back in that I'll be okay....

and wow is that concrete slick at PIR.

and the report. It handled very well, despite the hp handicap, it did well. That said, it could be better. I need to put more of an angle of attack in the wing - when I'm hard on the brakes, having downforce would really be nice. The problem was it was tailhappy (oversteer).... which is an odd problem for a Corvette. Might click another into the front coil overs. It also could use stronger anti-roll bars (but not this time)

another issue, down the back stretch is kind of a hump that runs down the center of the track, the rear wanted to follow it a bit

and the final issue - I need to put an anti-bird device on it because I got a starling at 120 mph. It didn't hurt the car (just clipped the top of the windshield) but that didn't do the bird any good at all. I suspect I'll find biohazard stuff in the car - who knew that one pitfall of racing was birds? ah well, that one looked suspiciously like one that crapped on my car up here in Kennewick - so the karma sheet is balanced.

and to remind on the stands - the guy I bought this house from, the one who built the shop I now own, is the guy who owns the company who cut out those parts.