Plastic Fantastic 2

They sell this one, but it is cf and priced accordingly.

time to weigh
QX3YgBkh.jpg
oh and I'm done with this argument.... the weight of a BBC powered C3 Corvette... 7 gallons of fuel in the tank
K6izgAAh.jpg
- something cool, if you look next to the weight numbers, it tells you where the weight is on the tire... didn't realize that - outside has a hair less weight then the inside of the tire
which does create a problem since 3200 is the minimum weight.... Optima weighs after the track sessions - the problem is 20 gallons is 120 lbs. - and without the driver (darn, my non-fitness program would finally pay off).... 30 minute on a track at high speed will burn more then 3 gallons..so I will be adding weight
so with that bad news, I figured I'd fix my window alignment
l3feqXOh.jpg
is 'fixed' the window won't go up again with the switch? oh good lord.
PSWXy1mh.jpg
but it seems fixed as far as sealing - however, I'll be verifying this before I put the door panel back on
that's enough for tonight

*oh wait, cue dramatic music... the rack has a small leak - it owes me nothing because I bought it to use to mock up... it worked so it hasn't been changed. It might be the fitting but just one more thing.... lordy.

interesting on the weight distribution at the tire level , i wonder of that changes as the tires move up and down?

what happens if a tire has a different elevation then the others does the weight distribution change?

interesting on the weight distribution at the tire level , i wonder of that changes as the tires move up and down?

what happens if a tire has a different elevation then the others does the weight distribution change?
the weight would change because of the sway bars...
yes, weight changes if the car isn't level.

Looking good! That wing should be very efficient. You are definitely going to need a front air dam/splitter to balance the aero forces.
absolutely, I did the back, first, because there were a lot more steps to making it happen then the front... the front is 'just' build the splitter

time for some CAD work
49uG6qvh.jpg
half and half?
tUEP5kwh.jpg
there are times when I want to troll... this picture is for those trolls
zose38hh.jpg
and more of the left
oVwLSplh.jpg
on the other hand
rv49PI8h.jpg

No Trolling here! (y)
Looks nice. Adding the end plate makes another mounting point, and:
is "blanking" the tire(+),​
maintaining a high pressure region across the splitter, there is no "squirt" out the ends (+) and,​
most likely creating a vortex stream [air curtain-like effect] over the tire (+).​

Using the valance mounting points under the nose? {Or has my memory faded on parts long removed?)
You're moving faster than I can load!

Only way I could get you to slow down would be suggest a skid-plate/belly pan under the engine bay. ;)
Nice work!

Cheers - Jim

No Trolling here! (y)
Looks nice. Adding the end plate makes another mounting point, and:
is "blanking" the tire(+),​
maintaining a high pressure region across the splitter, there is no "squirt" out the ends (+) and,​
most likely creating a vortex stream [air curtain-like effect] over the tire (+).​

Using the valance mounting points under the nose? {Or has my memory faded on parts long removed?)
You're moving faster than I can load!

Only way I could get you to slow down would be suggest a skid-plate/belly pan under the engine bay. ;)
Nice work!

Cheers - Jim
trolls are on FB, they're rare on the forums...
yep, mounting to the GM provisions - I may simply use the current spoiler as my mounting bracket for speed and simplicity sake
belly pan is on the list....

so - space or flush with the body. I'm guessing that the side plates (spaced as it is on the left side) would force the air up and over the wheel while creating downforce..... or am I just whistling dixie?

In this case, adequate is going to have to suffice for now - my first track day is scheduled for the 6th.... next week.

Having seen your fabrication and welding skills, I expect you could knock that out in aluminum in a day or so. Then, cut a 3/8 section of birch ply and mount on the bottom side, thru-bolting your struts. When done with the track day you could use it as a buck for laying up a bit of fiberglass (make adjustments first). [Could turn into a; "It's a profit deal." Steve Martin, The Jerk]

In either case with/without splitter, I'd close off the 3 openings on the bottom valance, given you have enough flow for the radiator. sbg splitter.jpg

With wing only you certainly won't get a little tail happy!
But, watch nose lift over a crest or bump:

Jim is OK - the car a total, but being rebuilt.

If you could increase your rake that would help some and be proactive.

Then, trackside be ready to: raise the rear end (some more), soften the nose (shocks/springs/ARB). Do these if she's got some understeer, but you are otherwise happy with the wing setting - feels like more grip that without. Else, flatten the wing (raise the leading edge).

ooooo that will leave a mark...

I picked up some 3/8 HDPE today.... $105 for a 24x72 piece... pretty sure birch would be more and aluminum is 3x that price....

I'm watching with great interest too, I wonder what I'll do next (lolol)
onward
time to start fitting
Mmzwanvh.jpg
easy so far
LbXb37Hh.jpg
now getting harder
LXKOSjZh.jpg
look at the top edges, as I start making the spoiler follow the side-to-side changes (it goes flat in front of the tire) that pulls the top in.... I also have to radii the part which follows the wheel opening. I suspect there will be more then on attempt at this.... and all of this to get hate from tracks because it has neither ABS no traction control... and as a bonus is not quiet....

ah well, if it were easy....

narrower
b0vtQcVh.jpg
reality is I didn't like the extensions - so I narrowed it
8oB3qhzh.jpg
welding mounting tabs
CriMSylh.jpg
there is a danger to being on the ground....
J4yAcnQh.jpg
not sure how much of this I'll use
AhZyYfMh.jpg
mostly held by tabs
483jLKFh.jpg

in other news, another BB for another C3
8r83f3Ph.jpg
and aluminum heads
ir89Jech.jpg

I'm still wrapping my head around what a splitter would do on this one.... I refuse to put the spoiler where it would do the most good because of looks....

getting there
W6r5B8bh.jpg
then comes the make it stay
cg7mq35h.jpg