Opinions on Crate Motors by 'BluePrint'

I know it can be a long boring assed trip on I 10, but there is a good machine shop here in Jax Fl. Precision Machine on Bowdendale Ave......

they did the machine work and assy on my engine, done many sets of heads for me, and some friends, and did two other engines for other guys, they even ate a questionable boat engine, that could have failed due to exhaust pipes taking in water, but they honored the job....no cost to Eric..... they are a HUGE operation....never heard anything negative about them, which is NOT the case about some other operations here in town.....

:nuts:

Blueprint is just some mass production outfit that gets some sponsoring from Jegs/Summit .... This is just my opinion, never dealt with these guys but probably never will....
I got my shortblock from M&R engines in Glendale CA.... Even with shipping it was a ok deal.... They did take time to listen and answer questions on the phone and took time to answer emails .... That's the main reason they got my business, they seemed to care about their customers....

Uhm, blueprint all forged short block full of bore scratches...deep ones after a couple hundred miles. Complete new build. Must have been poorly deburred rings or possibly dirt. I found out after pulling a head because of retainer failure. Have pics somewhere.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk