New Wheels and Tires

SmokinBBC

I have 235/60/15 on 8 inch wheels now. I would like more wheel and less tire.

I like the look of the Torq Thrust II. I was thinking 17" with 255/45. Will this cause problems on the front? I could go 245/45 on the front which is about .4" smaller diameter.

Anyone using the firestone firehawk wide oval's?

Any advise? BTW, I lke the Tirerack website...it shows your wheel choice on your car.

Car is a 70 with stock trailing arms and front.

I've got 17x9 Rally wheels with 275/40 on the front and 285/40 on the back.. 4.5 backspace (stock) on the fronts and 4" on the back. Everything clears, no tire rub on the front that I've noticed. Seems to stick pretty well in the twisties, but I really haven't been anywhere I could push it. Goodyear Eagle F-1 GS-D3 tires..

I've got 17x9 Rally wheels with 275/40 on the front and 285/40 on the back.. 4.5 backspace (stock) on the fronts and 4" on the back. Everything clears, no tire rub on the front that I've noticed. Seems to stick pretty well in the twisties, but I really haven't been anywhere I could push it. Goodyear Eagle F-1 GS-D3 tires..

Would you have a problem in the back if you had 4.5 backspace?

I don't think so. The 17" diameter wheel looks like it's past all the possible places it could have rubbed. The parking brake cable bracket is right at the edge of the rim, and it might have rubbed without that 1/2 inch. Next time I have the wheels off one side I can find out for sure.

I don't think so. The 17" diameter wheel looks like it's past all the possible places it could have rubbed. The parking brake cable bracket is right at the edge of the rim, and it might have rubbed without that 1/2 inch. Next time I have the wheels off one side I can find out for sure.

Great Thanks! Inquiring minds want to know.

about an inch or less of the leading edge of the front fender well. If you do it right you can't tell any difference.

sawsall smallsall whatever a f*****g electric saw.

If you have well fitting tires/wheels, I guess there would be no way to tell.