New forum section

Do you want a forum section for old timers?

• Total voters
No Drama Please!

Like many I am looking for info and willing to share what little I know.
Pissing contests and chest thumping arguments are a waste of time to read.
Let the forum decide who knows what they are talking about,
personal attacks bore me.

JMHO

R

Like many I am looking for info

If you don't want entertainment, personalities and pissing, i'll just send you a shop manual.

This place was supposed to be somewhere to let it all hang out. Instead they want to "grow it" and sell it for a profit just like the other places did.

Rebels becoming "the man" overnight. How ironic is that?

advertisers?

Why would people leave? Too heavily moderated? not getting along with others and deciding to pack bags?

Enlighten me... what is brewing behind the scenes that I obviously don't know about??

advertisers?

Why would people leave? Too heavily moderated? ot gettig along with others and deciding to pack bags?

Enlighten me... what is brewing behind the scenes that I obviously don't know about??

Your not alone TT! I must be missing something? It would be interesting to see how and who Dep defines as an "Old Timer" :kissass:

advertisers?

Why would people leave? Too heavily moderated? ot gettig along with others and deciding to pack bags?

Your not alone TT! I must be missing something? It would be interesting to see how and who Dep defines as an "Old Timer" :kissass:

If you have to ask........ you don't qualify.

advertisers?

If you have to ask........ you don't qualify.

Damn the luck!

old timers?

drove the 69 all around today thanks to all the help from vettemod and friends ! dont need the :bullshit: my 2 cents

Turtle: How recently were you banned? I was a long time ago and Bird put in a good word for me and I got unbanned. BTW...you-know-who (DB) is over there posting. You should see his latest thread. It's hilarious. Howard ripped him a new one (again).

Bullshark:
Old Timer; those who were at CF and got booted/banned/or left for places less restrictive and less moderated. First place was Digital Corvettes and then here. Mainly those who signed on here in 2008. CF actually still has some good guys there. But they are few and far between.

TT: I will PM you, but I think you already know who I am talking about. ;)
On second thought, I'll send an e-mail. PMs on forums aren't exactly "private".

drove the 69 all around today thanks to all the help from vettemod and friends ! dont need the :bullshit: my 2 cents

I really do wish everyone well, at any rate.....but I am what I am, can't change history.....

and I enjoy my vette just looking at it, if not getting all sexual and messing with it's inner parts......:clap: but you know, I don't burn but 30 bux a MONTH worth of gas through the thing.....just put in 15 gallons this AM, should last through New Year .....kind of a shame really.....

:drink::drink:

Turtle: How recently were you banned? I was a long time ago and Bird put in a good word for me and I got unbanned. BTW.

Have you ever heard the phrase "From hells hearth i stab at thee. For hate sake i spit my last breath at thee"

Just create another user name. I wouldn't piss on them if i saw them burning in their C5s.

Turtle: How recently were you banned? I was a long time ago and Bird put in a good word for me and I got unbanned. BTW.

Have you ever heard the phrase "From hells hearth i stab at thee. For hate sake i spit my last breath at thee"

Just create another user name. I wouldn't piss on them if i saw them burning in their C5s.

Too complicated a saying for me to comprehend. :)

I got all the stuff (including IP spoofers) to defeat bans. But I got unbanned so I don't need it.

Why would people leave? Too heavily moderated? not getting along with others and deciding to pack bags?

Now, this is funny :harhar:

Not really. Forum members leaving is hardly a humorous thing.

Half the problem is the new rules for OT. People couldn't handle a little difference of opinion, those same people that want no politics are unable to just not open political threads. One of the most active parts of the forum is now LAME. While the site has good info, you get to know the people in OT. Now all OT tells us is which people like model trains and gymnastics.

Half the problem is the new rules for OT. People couldn't handle a little difference of opinion, those same people that want no politics are unable to just not open political threads. One of the most active parts of the forum is now LAME. While the site has good info, you get to know the people in OT. Now all OT tells us is which people like model trains and gymnastics.

If we go back to talking politics, it's gonna get real nasty real quick. We were already at each other's throats in a short time. Probably not a good thing.

Now, this is funny :harhar:

Not really. Forum members leaving is hardly a humorous thing.

You've mistaken my meaning. I totally agree with you.
It seems that some of the people that imposed the censorship and treated some of their biggest customers like little girls are now totally clueless as to why the forums post count has dropped dramatically.
POLITICS are a normal part of ADULT conversation, and this IS the "off topic" section. With normal people, if you don't like a situation or a thread, you avoid it. But here, they used the excuse that a few young girls weren't adapt enough to just go to the next thread and get over it, to banish political threads.
A few months ago, the political threads were 2/3 ?? of the daily post count.
So what did they think was going to happen when they imposed censorship?
You are now seeing the result.
I don't like it, but I do agree that this is a privately owned forum, and I agree that they should be able to edit content. But don't act like you don't know why this happened (tt)

If we go back to talking politics, it's gonna get real nasty real quick. We were already at each other's throats in a short time. Probably not a good thing.

I'm clueless here.
If you don't like a political thread, why don't you just skip it. Why do you want to ban them for people who enjoy them?

Last edited:
Like many I am looking for info

If you don't want entertainment, personalities and pissing, i'll just send you a shop manual.

This place was supposed to be somewhere to let it all hang out. Instead they want to "grow it" and sell it for a profit just like the other places did.

Rebels becoming "the man" overnight. How ironic is that?

if anybody involved in VM wanted to "grow it" and sell it for profit they are doing a pretty shitty job don't you think ? Where do you see the advertizement banners and supporting "vendors" ?? Where do you see anything that looks like anybody is making a dime of this website ???

a shop manual would be nice, oh wait, never mind.... i bought that a few years back....

theres one thing that will screw up a site, any site, it's where a few start to make separate, private, just for a chosen few area like you are trying to do.

In a site like this, new people come and some will go, this is a hobby site shared by people who love to modify Corvettes.

I come here because I dont want BS from NCRS purist who will be all over me because I dare to change anything on the car and I seek others ideas , good or bad.

I dont like to be judged and I dont judge people.

POLITICS are a normal part of ADULT conversation, and this IS the "off topic" section. With normal people, if you don't like a situation or a thread, you avoid it. But here, they used the excuse that a few young girls weren't adapt enough to just go to the next thread and get over it, to banish political threads.
A few months ago, the political threads were 2/3 ?? of the daily post count.
So what did they think was going to happen when they imposed censorship?
You are now seeing the result.
I don't like it, but I do agree that this is a privately owned forum, and I agree that they should be able to edit content. But don't act like you don't know why this happened (tt)

I would say I agree it is part of adult conversation but just like in real life you only need one person that stirrs up crap and 29 others get at each others throat, this stuff hapens when discussing politics/religion .... so why not take that discussion to a very limited private audience like a group PM ???

This is a car forum, not a republican/democratic convention, a catholic church or a buddhist temple.....

Last edited: