My home electric bill went up over 66% in August

Geoff Coenen

I just read a lengthy & scary article in American Affairs titled the "The Rise and Fall of the American Electrical Grid". A combination of government regulation, reliance on imported energy, closure of fossil fuel plants & green advocates for unreliable wind & solar have ensured that brownout & blackout will be an increasing feature for the USA. If everyone or even half the USA bought an electric car – we would live in darkness. The grid won't handle it now or in decades.

As a side issue I just paid my largest electricity bill ever and compare it to my checkbook for prior bills. I don't use electric for heating, but do for AC, lights, small appliances.

Jan 2021 $128.60 -- Jan 2022 $133.93 – about 4.1% increase

Feb 2021 $133.97 -- Feb 2022 $145.34 – about 8.4% increase

Mar 2021 $138.64 -- Mar 2022 $129.39 – about 6.6% decrease

Apr 2021 $116.78 -- Apr 2022 $121.92 – about 4.2% increase

May 2021 $120.73 -- May 2022 $136.71 – about 13.3% increase

Jun 2021 $199.74 -- Jun 2022 $178.40 – about 10.4% decrease

Jul 2021 $259.81 -- Jul 2022 $298.32 – about 14.8% increase

Aug 2021 $271.55 -- Aug 2022 $451.91 – about 66.3% increase

Sep 2021 $291.74 – Sep 2022 - I'm holding my breath

Oct 2021 $153.88

Nov 2021 $144.59

Dec 2021 $139.94

Comparing 2021 to 2022 Jan-Aug totals it's about a 16.5% increase in electricity rates – so far. We have gasoline prices near double 2 years ago. When winter arrives the heating from diesel prices will be scary high. All thanks to dementia JB. Germany is not mothballing all the nuclear power plants. Hmmmmm…

Anyone got some spare candles & firewood?

WYFun is happening with these "leaders"? They don't GAF.

FJB – Don't let these bastards steal another election !

Prices are skyrocketing. Potential food shortages. Scary times if it continues.

Every week there is another crazy idea coming from Biden's handlers.

This week: An "Inflation Reduction Act' that does nothing to reduce inflation (but weaponizes the IRS to grab more taxpayer money)

Last week: A (taxpayer funded) student loan bailout that primarily benefits people with post graduate degrees.

What's it going to be next week?

"Last week: A (taxpayer funded) student loan bailout that primarily benefits people with post graduate degrees."

Well, that might have backfired already. The Washington Post apparently wrote an article trashing it today (I read some snippets) and vulnerable politicians are disavowing it.

Turns out the kids from the wealthiest families take out the most debt.

"Last week: A (taxpayer funded) student loan bailout that primarily benefits people with post graduate degrees."

Well, that might have backfired already. The Washington Post apparently wrote an article trashing it today (I read some snippets) and vulnerable politicians are disavowing it.

Turns out the kids from the wealthiest families take out the most debt.
of course, the interest is tax deductible and inflation guarantees that you paid less for education by postponing payments... I've been pretty vocal that who needs to pay for that is the overcharging schools....

about electricity, my response is to get solar on my house and shop to degrid.... and I live within sight of Hanford Nuclear plant.... and 3 hydroelectric dams.... believe it or not, it pencils out.

Lets see how this illegitimate government is spending money:

Close 20 billion in a proxy war with Russia to hide the 20+ US funded bio-weapon labs (acknowlwedged by Victoria Newland !) in the Ukraine & the corrupt Ukraine bribery & payoffs reaching right into the White House & beyond.

Up to 500 billion, maybe close to trillion to "forgive" student loans - so those that did not go to college & major in basket weaving, gender pronouns, trans whatever - to be paid for by those who did not go to college.

Closing, delaying, deterring fossil fuel research, delivery so we can buy oil from Russia, Venezuela - so your energy bills increase dramatically.

82 billion for the 8,400 new I R S to agents chase those making less than 75K. That works out to like this: $80,000,000,000 divided by 8,400 new agents = $ 9,523,809 per agent. I guess the guns they are buying to equip them with are platinum plated & their EV's are Lamborghini's.

Doktor Mengala Fauci retiring with a $350,000 pension. I do hope the Senate & House turn over & he goes to jail fpt murder.

Don't get me going.

87,000 new agents. not 8,400. You're not wrong, this is utterly bs. Let's not forget the FBI quashing important stories....

OK but whose counting anymore ...
Let me redo the math -
80,000,000,000 / 87,000 = $ 919,540.22 for EACH new agent - WOW - still not chump change

OK but whose counting anymore ...
Let me redo the math -
80,000,000,000 / 87,000 = $ 919,540.22 for EACH new agent - WOW - still not chump change
me.... when I was in grade school (70s), my teacher told us that SS will run out in 2030. I know this math well.....

I need 3 more years of collecting SS to get back EVERY PENNY that I put in.
Wish me LUCK - I want to get on the government dole & suck out their money for a change.
I'm tired of pulling the train for all those too light for heavy work & to heavy for light work sitting on the porch all day sucking on a beer in between puffs on weed.

Fact: At 65 they denied me & said you made too much money & will have to give it all back.
At 66 I went in & they asked me why I was there - and I said this exactly - "I'm here for my cheese" and they knew exactly what I meant & could not deny me anymore.

SIDE NOTE: When I went there at 65 & 66 YO - most - a majority of those in there were way under retirement age with little kids - 1-5 YO & did not even speak English. Call me an Ethnocentric Nationalist - IDGAF !
PS in Bridgeport, CT - SS was on the top floor of a 4 story building & a guard in uniform with a holstered gun was at the elevator. WTF - were they giving out cash money? I don't think so.

VOTE THESE BASTARD OUT THAT ARE RUINING EVERYTHING

as awful and corrupt as the dems are somehow they managed to hold the senate last week and only lose the house by the slimiest of margins, obviously Americans don`t care about food and gas prices, home energy prices, crime, a wide open boarder, 100,000 fentanyl deaths, rising interest/mortgage rates, or hunters laptop that implicates joe as a crook...did I miss anything? oh yea I did, the student loan bailout which is UNconstitutional.

Potential diesel shortage is bad news. Better stock up a bit just in case. The news is saying the US should make it through the winter. "Should," isn't too encouraging

Last edited:
as awful and corrupt as the dems are somehow they managed to hold the senate last week and only lose the house by the slimiest of margins, obviously Americans don`t care about food and gas prices, home energy prices, crime, a wide open boarder, 100,000 fentanyl deaths, rising interest/mortgage rates, or hunters laptop that implicates joe as a crook...did I miss anything? oh yea I did, the student loan bailout which is UNconstitutional.

It's all about the money. Total election costs have doubled since 2016 (President & Congress) after small incremental growth in the decades before. In 2020, the total was $14.5 BILLION. In 2016, the total was $6.5 BILLION. The election process has been monetized like everything else. You now have corporations that have hundreds of millions in revenue that broker elections for well funded politicians.

The prize is (when elected), you get access to lobbyists, NGO's and dark money groups. That's where the real money is. Government is just theater.

1668711948049.png

Senator John Kennedy (Lousiana)

Video on BitChute:

So, how will we charge those electric Corvettes? Maybe take the path Tesla is proposing to add in 2023:

that SOB ruining US energy - my diesel oil bill went for $3.13/gallon to $4.53 gallon.
That is a 42% increase.
Fornuicate that bastard with rusty nail

Looks like the rail strike was averted. That would have really _____ things up.