More MAP = Minimum Advertised Price Regulation

Geoff Coenen

First Trim Parts (the old CMD) & PUI and now Corvette America have instituted this policy. Wholesale accounts cannot advertise any price lower than the manufacturers list price. But they allow you to advertise HIGHER prices. How is that working out with most everyone seeking the lowest price on their computer, tablet, phone.

They claim this policy is to protect all wholesalers, but they discriminate against small wholesalers by charging them higher prices than large wholesalers. This only protects the large wholesalers.

Here is their reasoning: "we implement our MAP policy so that Auto Accessories of America manufactured products are not devalued in the marketplace, so the gross margin is improved for our dealers and distributors, and so each Auto Accessories of America wholesale customer can compete equally on the basis of the value they provide their customers. That value may be knowledge, service, support, inventory or any combination of these items.

The AAA email encourages wholesaler to REPORT other wholesalers who are violating the MAP Policy.
"Achtung! WE have ways of dealing mit you"
If they find you in violation you can loose your right to purchase wholesale. This is really cute as until yesterday nearly every item they produced had a list price & a sale price on their own web site. Trim parts has a list price & a sale price on their own web site. Apparently they can advertise a sale price – but a wholesaler cannot.

Personally I don't care. Whenever I sell out on a AAA or CMD part in stock I'm done with it. I don't plan on reordering it anyway. Al Knoch makes virtually every interior part available also & is as good & even better in quality

Go Elon Musk: buy twitter + bring back free speech. Get rid of that foreigner censoring all who doesn't agree with his totalitarian view.

Wholesale accounts cannot advertise any price lower than the manufacturers list price.

I guess that is why we often see; "Unadvertised Price! Price shown when you Checkout."
It is good you found a solution. Good for your business and then the customer too.
Competition is good - so guess that is why they are "against it." And drive the small guy out of business.

Cheers - Jim