LSx/Richmond 6 speed/Vintage Air in my 68

cowl induction

I was able to fit a cowl induction under my L88 hood. I still need to clean up the glass and paint it.
cowlind2.jpg

cowlind1.jpg

rod 6 speed works well with 308 rear

I'm running 502 RJ with the ROD I'm using 3.27 first and 0.80 od and a 3.08 rear

Streetable in low and some long legs in OD :ghost:

Oops, I covered the oil fil with my induction/coil covers.
Finished product. Now I just need some custom exhaust.
cowl3.jpg

I like the way the intake turned out Gary. Nice work. I have not seen your hood yet. How is it going to mate up with the intake?

It's an L88 hood. I've just opened up the airbox so that the square filter fits in it. I plan on sealing it so that only cool air from the base of the windshield will enter it. But I'll have to remove the hood and do some glass work to get a tight fit. For now I just want to get it running.

Update

I have not been on in a while. The car was up and running in July when I had an oil leak, at the oil guage. What a mess. But it inspired me to replace all the interior carpet, which it needed anyway.
So I made a radiator cowl using fiberglass with an aluminum cover. The location of the top radiator hose resulted in it being higher than the original surge tank. So I added an inline coolant fill at highest point, converted to a closed sdystem and added a generic reservoir.
A couple pics:
engine1.jpg
engine3.jpg

Finally got a chance to check out your thread while at home to see the pics. Nice work, my friend :thumbs: So, as I understand it the swap is done, right? If so, what's next? :D There's always a next.

Hmmm, good question.........
I'm going to upholster the seats in cloth over the winter. Black vinyl in a convertable on a 100 degree day is not fun.
But the next project? How about an L33, all aluminum 5.3, T-45, and C4 rear end in a Triumph Spitfire. 300hp on a 1700lb car.
I also bought a pair of marine exhaust manifolds that will fit an LS motor.
Finally got a chance to check out your thread while at home to see the pics. Nice work, my friend :thumbs: So, as I understand it the swap is done, right? If so, what's next? :D There's always a next.

New seats

I used the old seats for a pattern, got rid of the excess pleats, and made new cloth seats. Now I dont have to worry about burning my buns on hot, black vinyl all summer.
seat1.jpg
seat2.jpg

Yes, I've done a lot of boat upholstry over the years, but this was the first job I've done with a car.
I think I'll use the same material to add a map pocket on the dash, similar to 69+ cars, and maybe some for door panel trim too.
Did you do the cutting and sewing yourself Gary?
Frank