Knucklehead mistake

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
I talked to my buddy that I rebuilt his Winnebago 2 years ago. Since he lives in the desert, after 2 years, the batteries ran bone dry.
Now we all know you only add distilled water, but he went and bought battery acid, and refilled them both.
SO, anyone know if this is a huge mistake, or a minor issue? Me thiunks the specific gravity is way off, but what will be the long term effect?

I talked to my buddy that I rebuilt his Winnebago 2 years ago. Since he lives in the desert, after 2 years, the batteries ran bone dry.
Now we all know you only add distilled water, but he went and bought battery acid, and refilled them both.
SO, anyone know if this is a huge mistake, or a minor issue? Me thiunks the specific gravity is way off, but what will be the long term effect?

I've often wondered about this too. I'm interested in what ya find out.

I've done it lots of times years ago. Nothing ever happened, but the batteries were always in regular use.

I used to buy the batteries dry and you would get a bag of acid in a box with them. Had lots of it.
Don't even know where you would get the acid today, chem company or battery rebuilder. Hope he used the right kind. And always wear glasses.