Is the fuel line supposed to do this?

mike76c3

Maybe it's to prevent siphoning:

thum_5725307d60624b9a.jpg

After it goes over the frame, it goes up over the corner of the control arm, then wraps around underneath and heads back to be clamped onto the hardline.

Also, is that the input line or return line?

Thanks,
Mike

NO!!!! and it's hard to tell if it's the feed line or return line from the pix, that should be run INSIDE the frame rail, either way.....I really don't see any issue with the rubber feed hose on the 3/8 pressure side....but it has to be properly handled....obviously....

:trumpet:

That's the 3/8 feed line to the pump. The hardline is on top of the frame rail. The hose from that hardline to the pump is not supposed to be outside the frame rail. It is a pre-formed line so it won't kink. I'll bet that in the past someone replaced the S bent line with off the shelf hose, it kinked and shut the fuel off. They figured out what was happening, and replaced it with the hose you see.

That's the 3/8 feed line to the pump. The hardline is on top of the frame rail. The hose from that hardline to the pump is not supposed to be outside the frame rail. It is a pre-formed line so it won't kink. I'll bet that in the past someone replaced the S bent line with off the shelf hose, it kinked and shut the fuel off. They figured out what was happening, and replaced it with the hose you see.

YUP, Tim, BTDT decades ago with my '67 Grand Prix.....finally went to a pusher pump in the rear....

same or exact thing with fuel feed problems....

:clobbered:

That makes sense.

It seems like the radius of the bend they took around the corner of the upper control arm is about the same as would be needed to just go to the pump. And, the hose is starting to collapse -- albeit, it's not a kink.

Looks like I'll have to find that hose somewhere.

Anyone have any tips on how to minimize spraying gas everywhere when I change the hose out?

Thanks,
Mike

Back at the tank there's another rubber hose- from the tank outlet to the hard line on the frame. Small vise grips and some padding will close it so you don't get a whole lot of gas out of the line. Check the line back there too- it might be a good candidate for replacement too.

That S-bent rubber line is pretty much a standard stock item for most of the Corvette vendors. Should be no problem to come up with one. :bestwishes: