I swear BMW makes some of the prettiest cars ever

VegasJen

Formerly Known as Clutchdust
Just saw THIS concept linked on Yahoo. Just wow! I think for the last 10 years or so they have been producing some of the best looking production and concept cars on the planet.
Of course, I wouldn't own one. Primarily because they're way, way, way out of my budget. But also because I have a problem with German engineers. "Hey! It's perfect... but we can make it even better." :lol:

I like my '92 318iC. Fun little bugger to drive, pretty easy to work on, and it gets decent gas mileage. It's laid up waiting for some repair work this fall, but it'll be back on the road soon.

ALL modern cars are designed by SAE these daze.....Stupid Assed Engineering, trying to reinvent the wheel, like my wife's silly FWD Ford Focus,....fix the right tail light, no brake light, took over an hour thanks to sae all it needed was an 1157, but NO, that's too simple, needs a 3057, and a trip to the parts house.....then the fiddling around trying to get the whole lens housing off the body.....and then reinstall.....

3 minit job now takes an hour, lets hear it for modern cars....

:hunter::clobbered::nuts:

GENE, I'm not disagreeing at all, but how far back do you consider "modern"? Remember the c4? Ever seen the instructions for replacing the tail light on one of them??? :surrender:

GENE, I'm not disagreeing at all, but how far back do you consider "modern"? Remember the c4? Ever seen the instructions for replacing the tail light on one of them??? :surrender:

Hear you, but in fact I never had any silly problems with my '87 back between '92? and '95 so in fact, I dunno

I stick with my '72 and fix it in my sleep.....:p

From what little I know, BMW's success began with their 2002 Sedan. (2002 = 2 liters and 2 doors.) It was visually a very unremarkable car. Pretty rectangular and very dowdy looking. However, It had sports car performance that was startling for it's day. After the 2002, BMW's corporate fortunes have bloomed into the powerhouse of today,.