Free email?

VegasJen

Formerly Known as Clutchdust
Hey guys. I'm getting ready to switch email providers as I currently get my email through my ISP. I'm ditching them because I'm looking for a better option. As it is right now I pay $50/mo just for internet service and I think that's too expensive for what I do. And what I do is basically this. I don't do any work, I don't game, I don't stream a lot of video. I just post on boards and do an occasional search.
I've had Hotmail and Yahoo accounts before but I really don't like either of them now that they've gone to that mobile format. I just really don't like the way those feel. I would like a more conventional format and I've looked at some smaller providers but they worry me that I'll get everything all changed over the day before they close up shop.
Any suggestions?

I've been using "mail.com" as a service (free - with adds etc) since '96. They have a lot of choices for you to name your "@" extension as you like - engineering, etc.
Been a good service - but as a free service some forums won't permit access. They want to be able to "ban" through the ISP.

Cheers - Jim