Finally have a life again.

mdbelanger

Almost broke my 3rd.....member
Long story.:zzz:
End of 2009, some folks made my girl an offer for my house and woodshop. Place wasn't for sale, there offer was nutty, too much $$$$. I had a good laugh. Few days latter their back and it wasn't :bs:. Had to discuss this with the girl that has managed to put up with me for the last 6 years. (Thats a record). Her answer was "why don't we move to Deer-camp, you always wanted to build your house there for retirement". SOLD!!!!!

Camp was a 42 mile move, up 1 1/2 mile of privite 4 wheel drive road. Built 28
4'x4'x8' plywood boxes, tossed in 20+ years of goods and moved in 2 months.
Ya for the flatbed trailer, bucket, loader, and back hoe to lift those boxes.

Winterized deercamp, dug a quick septic hole, (outhouse cold in winter), kept road open thru the winter with dozer. Set up generator with batteries and inverter, no power up here, and had a great winter. Just a longer drive for work.

Mud season came, had to walk in half a mile for a few weeks, leased a 10 wheel dump truck for a month, opened up a gravel pit on the back fourty and rebuilt the road. Dug a 25 foot deep well and over 2000 feet of water line. (For you souther folks a water line here needs to be 4 feet and deeper to get below the frost line for winter). Cleared 2 acers of trees and stumps. Built a barn to store everything. Installed a State approved septic. Have foundation in. Now winter is kicking in. 6 inches of snow the other night.

So between keeping my guys banging nails, hunting, sugaring, and building, I haven't had much time for anything else. I bagged and boxed the vette Nov. 2009 and haven't seen it sence.

Donna has been quite the girl, has learned to maintain alot items, check oil in generator, waters batteries, learned to operate dozer and bucketloader, built a garden. Moves alot of firewood. Helps butchering deer, turkeys, chickens, and the two pigs. And still keeps house.

So now I plan on an easy winter and get caught up on the paper work game.

Even hang out on here and get caught up on you all.:drink:

Michael.

Got any Maple Syrup for sale???:bump::bump::huh:

edit, and yes, enjoy the new digs....sounds nice....

Last edited:
Awesome girl you've got there, keep her close and happy! i'VE HAD MINE FOR THIRTY YEARS NOW AND i CAN SAY THAT THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN BUILD IS WITH A TEAM EFFORT Goddam caps lock! But then, it could be kinda appropriate.;)

Serial divorcers are always behind the eight ball.

Wow. I thought I was busy remodeling the house. I can't fathom your project, but, then again, I can. LMAO

Jeezzzz....now I feel like a lazy SOB sitting on my azz here typing on this laptop!

Glad to hear your living your dream! Pics would be great when you get a chance.

BTW, your avitar is still my all time favorite vette pic!