EFI vs Qjet.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
some of you all maybe remember I have almost finished a motor home project, and so with the induction being a basic Qjet on a Edel mani and headers on a otherwise stock engine built for hauling....

so the question is, under that 8000 lbs GVW load, would it pay to put on maybe 150 bux of DPFI?? as I have most of the mechanical parts, and even the electronics except the computer chip for the L98 system....I ASSume the chip in the vette would work fine, if duplicated....

but is the inherent fuel economy savings worth it??

figger being driven maybe 10,000 miles??

:thumbs:

PFI is great, but a lot of trouble and possible expense. How about just a closed loop ECM controlled Q-jet? This seems like it ought to bump up the fuel efficiency for not much trouble.

PFI is great, but a lot of trouble and possible expense. How about just a closed loop ECM controlled Q-jet? This seems like it ought to bump up the fuel efficiency for not much trouble.

I have the TPI parts, and can find a throttle body for maybe 30 bux on ebay...

I even have a K&N air cleaner....I have computers for speed density....
even have a spare HEI....junkyard for wiring I even have O2 sensors.....and all the sending units....

but the question is, what gain, ?? does the math make any sense??

You don't want one of them feedback quadrjets ... trust me when I say that! Crossfire and even TBI is a major improvement over the feedback quadrajet.

I've had these quadrajets on a 82 & 84 trans am and they were nothing but trouble and the 82 trans am was eventually converted to a 1990 TBI system and I never had trouble with the car again.

If you need a speed density tpi harness I got one that needs a couple minor pigtails fixed and can give it to you cheap. came from a 90-92 camaro

i think what makes the most sense is the driving factor of low rpm torque that the EFI would bring to the table.....thats where i think the EFI shines