Drive Shaft Measurement Confirmation? BBSHARK?

Ssamara

Hey guys,
I am having my driveshaft redone and they asked me to confirm if the size of the driveshaft was accurate. Seeing as how I am in the middle of a frame off restoration I can't. So this is where my friends at the forum come into play.
I have a BB with a TKO 600 the driveshaft that come with my transmission kit is 30 1/8 and the slip is 7/8. Does that all sound good and correct?
Please confirm so I can give them the go ahead thank you in advance for your response. Maybe BBShark has a size for me since I think we have the same set up. :bounce:

I can measure for you, have the exact same combo here w/ eaton diff (I assume it's not for an 80-82?)

Who are you ordering from? Classic Chevy 5 speed has the correct setup

30 1/8 sounds too long. Mine is 27 center to center. I am using a Ford take apart yoke but it can't make up that kind of difference. Maybe a TKO500 and TKO600 are different?

That's what The driver man sent me. Already have it all just need to install it. I am only double checking because the driveshaft place is putting in a 1330 joint since the 1310 is too small for an HD rear end. So if I am already cutting into might as well double check it's right. It's a 1974 if you can measure it for me that would be great!
Thank you again!

Mine was 27 center to center for my big block with a tko 600 but it was still too long. Im using a quicktime bell housing that is supposed to be standard depth and my trans mounting brackets line up fine. I have solid motor mounts but they are supposed to put the motor in the stock position and just looking at where the crank pulley lines up its in the stock position so I don't know why my shaft would have to be shorter than everyone elses. My car is a 76.

With you guys all have 27" I am thinking the driveshaft guy measured the entire shaft including the slip yoke (guessing that's what it's called the part that goes into the transmission) I am also running a quicktime housing with a hydraulic clutch not sure if any of that would make a difference.
Thanks again guys!

Mine is 27 from center to center of the u joint hole. It doesnt include the yoke. I have a hydraulic throwout bearing too. I think my shaft needed to be either 25 1/2 or 26'' I cant remember which. Ill install the yoke tomorrow and measure again. I'm going to order an aluminum shaft and yoke from Dennys.